1. Are you a gamer? Come join us at GameNotOver.com
    If you are a gamer, then GameNotOver is your new home! Whether you are a PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, mobile or web gamer, you will find other gamers to talk with on GameNotOver where you can get help, share reviews of the latest games and gaming technology or even wax nostalgic over the gaming days of old. Come join us and help us grow GameNotOver into a wonderful community for gamers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Original Hail Mary

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Curmudgeon, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Well-Known Member

2,105 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
    If you're my age or older you remember this like it was yesterday. I used to love these Game of the Week shows, which was often all I saw of the Cowboys game played the week before (in the regular season). Playoff games, of course, were televised nationally.

EDIT: looks like you have to follow the link to Youtube to watch it. Outdoor football, on dirt, in Minnesota. Imagine that.

2. Curmudgeon

2,105 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
  3. Curmudgeon

2,105 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
  4. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

5,381 Messages
    15,476 Likes Received
    That was a great day. I watch it once in a while and it always makes me smile. The look on old Bud Grants face was priceless.

5. Melonfeud

Melonfeud Well-Known Member

636 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    Too funny ,my little brother (about 6'3" 240,when I saw him last in 05)

Texted me a couple of days ago STILL fuzzed up over that play!
    He was a vikes fan,me a cowboy's when we were kids(we still are,just bigger kids now)

He can break it down from memory to me to THIS day just as vividly as when we watched it unfold back then,,,pretty hilarious.

6. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

5,381 Messages
    15,476 Likes Received
    It was fantastic! What a game. In fact, Drew caught 2 Hail Marys in that game. Great Cowboy memory!