1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Process, Romo, and Father Time

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Nov 19, 2012.

1. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Here is the bottom line. NOTHING is wrong with Romo other than the fact he has little to no confidence in his Oline. The guy is paranoid and should. Heck if he throws one pick , they lose the game.

THIS TEAM WILL GO NOWHERE UNTIL THE OLINE IS one of the best in the leaegue. Until that happens, worrying about anyting else is a waste of time. Romo cant be Romo, Murray cant be Murray, and Garrett will never really get a chance to showcase any possible improvement they he may gain.

But Garrett is certainly a big part of this Oine overhaul abomination. Until he and Jones fix it, which will take at least two more years, we are toast. No chance of contending.

So there is your real problem. And yes, Romo will probably be on his last leg by then. Thus the big frustration for me. Romo's career have been wasted.
    And the guy that gets that blame in my opinion is Jerry Jones. He has ignored and misanalyzed the Oline for 10 years now, even more.

All he has done is crow about how lucky we are to have Romo. Yah, well then why did you protect your prize investment with a bunch of scrubs for the last 8 years?

Thus the big missing piece with Jones. When it comes to football, he just doesnt get it.
  2. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    QBs miss TD throws all day long. Watch other teams, manning and Brady do the same thing. Just not quite as often. But this harkins back to the same problem. If Romo isnt perfect, the team has little chance to win, and the Romo haters squack that he isnt Brady. Mindless drivel.
  3. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,091 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    I'm really getting sick of everyone getting on Romo. This is just unbelievable.

Does anyone actually look at his completion percentage? Anyone? 67.3%. There are only 2 other qbs in the league with a higher completion percentage.

That is 2.....

This is the 2nd highest completion percentage of his career.

Did I mention that he hasn't had an interception in 3 straight games?

The only thing different about Romo is his Offensive line and running game.

Give him those two and a competent 3 wr and his numbers would be tremendously better TD/Int wise.
  4. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,436 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    He might be, because I've seen him the last few games take a dive when a rusher broke through.
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,864 Messages
    2,509 Likes Received
    For all you guys bagging on Romo, the dude gets drilled every time he drops back to pass. Even when Romo calls the guy out and points to him, that same guy still drills him.

So yea, he is sailing passes and throwing short and what have you, but he is running for his life every play or getting power driven into the turf.

I think we can cut him some slack, he aint the problem with this team.
  6. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but can I ask where the constant use of the word "process" stems from?

Is that something Garrett says a lot? I hope not, because I see no progress in any process. In fact, I think the team is regressing in many facets. This is not a well coached, well prepared team at all.
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,740 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    Exactly...you could put five blocking sleds out there and he would have the same amount of time.
  8. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,227 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    Welcome to our nightmare.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,543 Messages
    8,488 Likes Received
    I think this has much more to do with it than any decline due to age. He's not that old and has significant less mileage on him than your typical 32 year old QB.

It wouldn't surprise me if Romo was throwing for 4,000 yards and 30 TDs 5 years from now.
  10. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we're using car analogies, Romo could end up like a rental car. Relatively low mileage, but driven hard and abused. At least thats how I drive rental cars. :cool:

The guy gets hit constantly. Broken ribs, punctured lungs, broken collarbones, whatever injury that was in 2008, etc. Remember how always getting hit took it's toll on David Carr? It scarred him for life.

Not trying to be dramatic, but I really think the pounding he's subjected too weekly will have both a physical and psychological effect.
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,740 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    The David Carr effect.
  12. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,463 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    I see a lot of young talent that has been brought in the past 3 or so years, certainly a good foundation for future seasons. I have hope that this team will turn the corner sometime soon with those young guys being at the forefront. And frankly, I could care less if Tony Romo is still around when it happens.

Sorry. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan, not a Tony Romo fanboy. You know what I care about as a fan of my team? Wins, and more importantly... post-season wins. Not the QBR or completion % of my team's QB.
  13. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,679 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    Romo's completion percentage this year is the second highest in his career. And he is probably getting the worst offensive line performance over that time.

So yeah, he has missed some wide open passes for TD's. If you don't think it it because his mental time clock is accelerated because of how poor his OL is playing then you just aren't paying attention.

The statement that Garrett said Romo has to play within the system is a joke. The system is one big clusterfunk up front and doesn't allow us to be successful running the ball consistently and doesn't give the QB the average amount of time to pass the ball. If ROmo played within the system, we would be giving up double digit sacks every week.

I don't disagree that Father Time catches up to everyone....I think it's laughable to say that is what is going with Romo right now. His problems earlier in the year were directly related to trying to carry the team....over the last few games he is taking fewer chances and keeping us in the games.

Right now it's the best we can hope for.

The OL isn't likely to get any better at least until after the Thanksgiving day game. I don't think Costa will be ready for Thursday and have about given up hope on Kowalski coming back and helping. Who knows on Tyron....could be Parnell starting for him this week. If not, we HAVE to get Free off the field at some point....he's been awful in about 7 of our 10 games. Livings has been serviceable. Bernadeau similar to Free and Dockery even worse than that.

There has be at least two new OL starters next year for this team to move ahead.
  14. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,679 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    Not really...you can't just run over blocking sleds. They'd give him more time.
  15. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,221 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    How do you propose to get wins without a quality QB? You think they just grow on trees? All that young talent is just wasted without a QB.

Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson and Drew Bledsoe were starters at some point after Aikman and before Romo. This doesn't include Tony Banks who was the first attempted stop gap and McGee, Brad Johnson and Jon Kitna who had to start at some point for an injured Romo.

Have I missed anyone? If the fools around here excuse this mediocre product we see on the field as rebuilding, then just wait until Romo is no longer around and we have to look for the next franchise QB from the football dolt that sold us some of those QB's. You don't rebuild with a franchise QB is his prime.
  16. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Exactly, Romo wasn't even starting/playing until he was what, 26-27? (Not gonna look it up) Of course, on this team he's getting more tread grinded off the tires every year than he should be, but the point still stands.
  17. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    While Free played a bad game, some others you might want to criticize about should be:

Lance Dunbar - missed a LB blitz up the middle and then in OT didn't stay into block a blitzing CB of the edge

Felix Jones - failed to recognize a LB blitz off the edge of the front

Kevin Olgetree - Ran his route too far, causing Romo to double pump his throw and hold onto the ball. Play was only designed to get short yardage as it was 1st and 10.
  18. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,605 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    As bad as the O-line is we can't afford Romo's "Miscues" if we want to go deep into the post season much less see one. I'm glad more and more people are starting to notice that Romo is inaccurate when it matters, like when a receiver beats a defender, when it's 3rd down, and when the game is on the line.

And now it seems every game as of late when Romo does hit an open receiver that has beat a defender, (Namely Dez more often than not,) the receiver has to slow down or stop and wait for the ball breaking stride and losing the ground he once gained on the defender when if he got the ball in stride it would have gone to the house...

But I digress, Romo is the best scrambler I've seen in a long time. Just wish he was accurate when it mattered...

Que the Stat Police in 5...4....3.....2...:rolleyes:
  19. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,424 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    What was Harbaugh's and Schiano's process?

Need a bottle of that
  20. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,444 Messages
    2,384 Likes Received
    If Quincy Carter doesn't fail one too many drug tests, Romo never takes a snap for this team. The three QB for 2004 are Carter, Testaverde, and Henson. Since I don't count on this team getting that lucky again any time soon, I'd prefer Romo stay around for awhile longer thank you.