1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Proof Is In The Pudding: There Never Was Any Stripping of PlayCalling!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,428 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Funny, I was just about to bring this up. TE to WR is a lateral move. HOwever, I think WBP might be referring to the "passing game coordinator" title. BUt come on. How many passing game coordinators are there in the league? We all know that was a BS title. Having it attached to the Brother of the HC was a mistake and it's a good thing that it's gone.

Kinda hard to get the same job when part of your last position was semi imaginary, so including the "Passing Game Coordinator" job as a requirement for a future postion to be considered lateral is a bit silly.
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,685 Messages
    2,419 Likes Received
    He was also passing game coordinator. Is he that at Tampa?
  3. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,209 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    You and I both know that is a title and not an actual job description...but whatever keep the agenda alive.
  4. Chocolate Lab

33,685 Messages
    2,419 Likes Received
    I don't believe that's true at all. I've heard that Callahan sat in on the run game meetings and not the pass game ones because he was... Drumroll... Run game coordinator. Why even have the title at all if they don't do anything extra?

Now the "assistant head coach" title... That's probably pretty meaningless as far as actual responsibility goes.

And the agenda word is so overused. What exactly is my agenda, figuring out what is really happening rather than accepting what Baghdad Mickey tells me? I've already said I'm for these changes. You seem to have more of an agenda, which is proving that Jerry just sat back and Garrett did all this on his own.
  5. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,209 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Callahan's title is OC/OL.

So in the passing game meetings you had Robinson Ast HC/WR, Wilson QB, Garrett TE/OGC and Garrett HC.

Hmmmm...so the 3rd ranking guy in the meeting had additional responsibilities?

Ok:lmao2:
  6. Chocolate Lab

33,685 Messages
    2,419 Likes Received
    Callahan is the run game coordinator. John was the pass game coordinator. Maybe you didn't realize that.

Not sure why that's so :lmao2: , but suit yourself.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    and you choose to slurp up whatever is said by so called 'official sources'
  8. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,263 Messages
    472 Likes Received

Maybe your source is feeding you wrong information.

Why would Callahan sit out of the pass game meetings during the game plan preparations?

He does coach the OL too and has that title as the OL coach. Last time I checked pass protections are pretty darn important in the passing game. It would be incredibly silly to install the passing game during the game plan preparations without any input or even Callahan not even in those meetings.

Callahan said it multiple times that it was a collaborative effort in regards to game plan and play calling in his interview on Thursday. The entire staff knows what plays to expect to be called in all situations because that is part of the game planning process. He even went as far as saying that they don't do anything different than any other team in the league as far a game planning goes.
  9. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,110 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    BINGO!

Exactly!

Where other than in Dallas does that position exist? Now that John is gone, was that position filled?

Yep, whatever keeps the fantasy fueled is believable.
  10. Bluestang

5,263 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    BTW, Garrett has done away with the passing game coordinator and running game coordinator titles.

They no longer exist with this staff.
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,650 Messages
    457 Likes Received
    John was the passing game coordinator also.
  12. WPBCowboysFan

5,110 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: And yet, the mediot bandwagoneers have been lauding the title John Garrett had that no longer exists, yet it was a demotion for him to go somewhere else and not get an equivalent title of a non existent position.

Jason fired his brother :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

John Garrett took a demotion :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  13. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,891 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    It's pretty simple. People have seen Garrett's play-calling act for 7 years now, we're done. We want something different because what he's been doing, honestly, it hasn't worked out.

He puts up good yardage, but he can't put the ball into the end zone consistently. It's like a pass rusher (Ware) I won't mention any names, really good at piling up sacks, but during the game, when you need to consistently pressure the QB, no where to be found.
  14. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    maybe you could explain to us with all your inside knowledge why John has tried to leave the last 2 seasons and the Cowboys blocked him?.....

its not that the move he made was an instant upgrade , he wanted a chance to call plays or run a team.....he knew it was NEVER gonna happen here ....so he WANTED to go where that future may be possible,,,,its really not that hard of a concept to grasp if you would stop talking long enough to listen
  15. Erik_H

2,428 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Here's the thing (and it sort of seems like it's a bit of a tangent at this point).

The title (or Job) of Passing Game Coordinator is pretty rare around the NFL. The Title (or job) of Assistant Head Coach is more common. If we are going to choose which is more of a joke, I'd go with the one that few (if any) others teams actually use. Although we can be pretty confident that the Asst HC title is more of a title than anything real, its also one that is used often to lure valued coaches. A good example could be Marinelli coming here and getting that title (Which also help explain part of the Robinson move.)

It doesn't matter how meaningful or meaningless a title is. What matters is that "Passing Game Coordinator" is basically non existant outside Dallas. Using the loss of that part of John Garrett's title so say he has taken a demotion is wrong.

There are probably a ton of other elements to this story that you are spot on with, but John Garrett made a lateral move here. That point should be conceded. If you want to say he made a lateral move because he was pushed out of Dallas, then fine. But trying to bolster an argument with "demotion" is wrong.
  16. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,290 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    It's really quite simple, Mickey got it right and every other reporter who was there, the ones from NFL Network, ESPN, ESPN Dallas, the local papers, the local news outlets got it wrong because they have an agenda! Got it?
  17. WPBCowboysFan

5,110 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    Actually that is a ridiculous way to look at it. It matters not how many mediots spin the same yarn. It matters where they got the information. And in this case, if you pay attention you dont need any mediots. All you do is listen and observe and you know the mediots have created a scenario that is anything but true.

Its like the State of the Union Address by the Prez. You can listen to the speech yourself and ascertain what was said. Or you can listen to the mediot pundits tells you what he said and scratch your head wonder how you missed all that. In this case, just listen and watch whats going on at VR and you dont need mediots.
  18. Erik_H

2,428 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    When it comes down to it, the actual truth is somewhere in the middle. I believe that Mickey's story is somewhat closer to the truth, but there are elements he's trying to whitewash.
  19. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

one group edited his statements , the other showed his exact words......who has the agenda?
  20. Bluestang

5,263 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    I can tell that you did not read the article at all.

Spags simply transcribed the entire interview that occurred at the Senior Bowl because everything that has been written so far from the media outlets has been snippets, fragments, or partial answers that were quoted.

He left the decision up to the reader what to believe based on the full transcription of the interview.