1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Roger Staubach says it's time for Jerry to step down

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

700 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Exactly, and even after he's gone, I don't see things being much better under Jr. That's why I say our only hope is if Jerry moves the team, leaving the name and logo to the city so Dallas can start over as an expansion franchise.
    dwight likes this.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,813 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    Roger has figured out that things are about to get ugly and that it will likely get worse before better.
  3. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,937 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Agreed. We were talking about this just recently. It has to be Aikman, Emmitt, Michael, maybe Moose, Jay, Larry Allen...the guys that played under Jerry that should speak out and that would have an impact.

Of the non-Jerry players, I think Staubach and Randy White carry the most weight but it's not the same as if Aikman, Emmitt or Irvin said it.
    The Natural likes this.
  4. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,292 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    I don't know. I wonder if this has a better chance of working now than in the past. I also wonder if Roger put together a credible ownership group if the league wouldn't pressure the Joneses out.
  5. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,854 Messages
    374 Likes Received
    How freakin' great would that be if Roger bought the team. Never gonna happen but I get chills thinking about it.
  6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    Glad Roger said it. Until then we can celebrate Jerry making losses to be moral victories and talking about "how close" we are...all the time

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9965161/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-vows-not-shake-staff

BoysFan4ever likes this.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,829 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    For Roger to say that, you know it's bad.
    dwight and BoysFan4ever like this.
  8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,193 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    Jerry makes the league a ton of money with all these Tv deals doesn't he? He's a brilliant businessman when you consider how stupid he sounds in interviews.

He's our owner till he's 6 feet under & then you have Stephen.
  9. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    You are obsessed with this my friend. OBSESSED. Garrett has a minor role to play in Jerry's theater. When will you learn that? He's got a bit part and is a footnote to the real narrative.

He doesn't call the plays. He doesn't have anything to do with defense or special teams. He's essentially a half-coordinator with a little influence on the tone in the locker room. That's it and that's all.
  10. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Active Member

893 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    There's no guarantee that hiring a GM would make this a great team. He might hire an idiot for a GM. Or maybe not. But I think the handwriting is on the wall that Jerry's not the guy. I wish he could see that. I was hoping back when Parcells was coach that the plan was to eventually promote him to GM.
  11. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,317 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    That's absurd for you to say that.
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,255 Messages
    2,813 Likes Received
    Not a strong enough word.
  13. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,030 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Better to say it now then to never say it at all. All of Texas knows he needs to step down from that position.
    AmberBeer likes this.
  14. Fritsch_the_cat

700 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Some would say he already has.
    MissionCoach, Fredd, wileedog and 3 others like this.
  15. Fritsch_the_cat

700 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    This just shows how out of touch with reality Jones is...

Does he really think it's just the one game? Not the season after season after season of the same mediocrity?

And does he really think it's about being "panicky?" Oh Jerry, we were past panic about 10 years ago.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,496 Messages
    2,002 Likes Received
    Garrett said something similar in his PC today. Actually a few things similar to that.
  17. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,317 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    I had thoughts of some other responses but my job restrained me.
  18. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,193 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    Just more proof that this team is really in trouble.
  19. xpistofer

xpistofer Member

941 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Did anybody actually listen to that link? I did. Nowhere did Roger say it is time for anything. Nowhere did Roger say anybody should step down. Nowhere did Roger say Jerry shouldn't be the GM. He said something very different than that ("he needs to transfer some of the decisions"). I am disappointed with how some are running with this and misrepresenting Roger.
  20. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,310 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Captain America is now Captain Obvious!