1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The shelf life of this franchise's fame

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Blitzen32, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

860 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Popular is virtually automatic, so lets work on the good part. And why are these mutually exclusive things?
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,979 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Clearly they aren't. The cowboys are proof of that.
  3. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Fans are definitely very frustrated right now, but the ones here are truly diehards in my opinion. Dallas has done nothing for these people to keep coming back, so it's a great testament to the fanbase.

The national popularity will likely wither away if they go another decade like this because there will be no good memories for the newer generation to hang their hats on at the end of the day. This is the first time in the history of the franchise that things have been this bad for such a prolonged amount of time. Even in the 80s, they made a few deep playoffs runs. I'd kill for that right now.

As you said, it'll be hard to grow a fanbase given the circumstances.
  4. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I feel similarly in general. I'm a bit discouraged. But I won't jump ship. It's the one thing that you have being a fan. You're loyal and in most ways the team is, in a way, loyal to you back. Reminds me of other stuff we can't get in to, but it's those things I think about when I think about why I also like the Cowboys. They're a devine team. And have been entertaining.