1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The smoke is thick - Cowboys want Barron

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Apr 3, 2012.

1. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I still think the targets are for either DeCastro or Cox......this is called posturing
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

........seriously: I think it'll be Cox
  3. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think Cox will be gone by 14. Otherwise, I think he'd be a very good pick as well.
  4. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    He reminds me of a slightly bigger, slightly less athletic Louis Delmas. A good player to be sure but I don't think he will be a top 5 at his position type of player.

To me the Cowboys' biggest problem was not the lack of stars or playmakers, but rather the absolute well below league average players at several spots like ILB, CB and Center. I'm confused by 2 things in our off season. It is pretty well agreed that the shallowest parts of the draft are safety, tight end and center. Those are the 3 weaknesses that we addressed the least in our offseason plan. I hope we are not reaching for the best of bad lots in taking players at safety and center a round or half a round ahead of where they should go. I would have liked to fill a spot with a center like Satele (assuming the Bernadaux to G is not a smokescreen) and draft one of the guards a half a round to 2 rounds later than where they should go because the depth at the position.
  5. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,637 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    I agree 100%. I think we take either one at 14 and a trade back. One of them will be there
  6. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Barron vs Kirkpatrick would be a difficult decision for the Cowboys, but I think Kirkpatrick's premium position and football economics
    (Jenkins in a walk year) and Jenkins' health could swing the pick in Kirkpatrick's direction.