1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Texas attitude and disposition.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CowboyFan4Eva, Jan 22, 2014.

1. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Benched

627 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    its different up there..very very very.....................liberal. but not in california way...small townish....

boston all the way down to DC. very different.
    BigStar likes this.
  2. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Umm upstate ny is very conservative.

NYC is very liberal.
  3. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Benched

627 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    true enough......but maine vermont and the likes....liberal....

and liberal there is likw\e consservative here in texas

thats my impression at least. Theebs, the forum, i could be way way way off here....ive soent time in DC. a sti it in NY. "vacactioned" in update near the border.....thats the extent of tru expereince rather then just reading....
  4. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Benched

627 Messages
    237 Likes Received
  5. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I'm not from Texas but I'll tell you right here and right now why it's a great state, because it's the home of The Dallas Cowboys......and that other team.
    CowboyFan4Eva likes this.
  6. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,846 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    Yeah you're correct, I wrongly associate Phili/AC/NY as the NE but New England itself of course would be considered the NE NE. I didn't mention Boston simply bc I'v never been but have heard the same thing about its citizens.
  7. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,846 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    Yeah I was referring to the cities on the East down to DC (NY, Phili, AC-Camden, Baltimore) but don't know much about upstate NY outside of that you can go to Canada through Niagara Falls, etc.
  8. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    "Texas is neither southern nor western. Texas is Texas"
    -William Blakley
    Joe71 likes this.
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    If you mean politically liberal, you're not even close...other than NYC, its traditionally republican.
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    .....really?
  11. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,319 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
    Really what? Somebody said people in the Northeast are arrogant. I said not the whole Northeast but certain cities. Are you offended about the upstate part? In the city we call all that Southern Canada. I doubt the first thing that pops into people's minds when they hear New York is Albany.
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    You live in the city I assume?
  13. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,319 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
    Born and raised in Brooklyn. I live in Miami now. Moving to Seattle in June.
  14. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    Bum explained it very well. What a great guy.
  15. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,773 Messages
    1,975 Likes Received
    Im really not qualified to speak to this topic except that Im a Texan.

I was born in Dallas. Baylor Hospital. Im the only person in my entire family that has had the privilege to be born in Texas.

My dad was in grad school in Dallas when I was born there. When I was 6 yrs old we moved from Dallas to the Wash DC area. When we left Dallas I remember one of the deacon's in our church putting a finger in my little chest and telling me to never forget I was a Texan, or at least thats what my parents have always told me.

Ive always lived with some kind of awareness that Im a Texan. Didnt live there long. Spent the majority of my life in Redskin territory. I dont really know what it means but it means something. It means something to those who are Texans. If you're a Texan you get it. If you're not, you got no clue. I just know that Ive always considered myself different, considered myself more fortunate, simply because I was born in Texas.

In all honesty for me it prob has to do mostly with the Dallas Cowboys. I was like some kinda persecuted warrior growing up as a Cowboy fan in Skins territory. I always felt better than the Skins fans. They have an obsession and hatred for all things Cowboys that is ever present 24/7/365. I always took that personally. I was a Texan. I was a Cowboy fan. It was not just a privilege, but it was my right to be better than a Skins fan. I was above them. I embraced the hate and wore it as a badge of honor.

If you're a Texan you get it. If you're not, you have no clue.
    theogt likes this.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    It means God shined his light on me. :) I'm an American by chance and a Texan by the grace of God. lol
  17. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Up North, the girls say, "you can..."

In Texas, the girls say, "yall can..."
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    Part of that is at least when I was in school you had Texas history last year of elementary, Jr high and high school and many of us take great pride in this state. I have been to many other places and have enjoyed seeing other parts of the US but Texas is and always will be a special place to me.
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,533 Messages
    395 Likes Received

if you have been there, you know
  20. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,338 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    Texas = the real 'Murca.