1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

"The Walking Dead" Season 4– Episodes 9-16...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Feb 5, 2014.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,889 Messages
    4,241 Likes Received
    Nice seeing the guy who played Bull Randleman from Band of Brothers playing Abraham on the Walking Dead.
  2. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,799 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I agree, definite better episode. The little girls are boring, but they put Tyreese in a bad situation, so you knew that he was going to have to fight. Cool hammer kill against the truck..

That being said, I hate how they drag it on. They eliminate Carol from the show, which was sweet because she is boring. But 4 episodes later, there she is alive and safe. Next, Glenn is probably going to clear out the prison, find everyone and bring them back to hide.

And now it looks like they are letting that little girl Beth narrate some story.... Who cares about beths character?
  3. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

959 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Yea she seemed to be enjoying it a little much.
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,455 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    I suspect that there is a major plot-line coming up for the two sisters. If it turns out to be what I think it is, oh man.......
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,121 Messages
    2,766 Likes Received
    SPOILER!

Yeah the way they reintroduced Carol was kind of convoluted.

But I like having the character back and I was 99% sure that she would end up with the Tyreese group.
  6. MichaelWinicki

32,121 Messages
    2,766 Likes Received
    Yeah, the one is a little psychopath.
  7. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

816 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Spoiler:

Did anybody think the bit with Daryl and Beth was a bit soap-operaish? They were both checking each other out big time. It seems like the writers are trying to make Daryl into some super macho man to appease the female viewers.

Also, did anyone else think the girl seemed a bit sadistic with the baby. She also seems to have some type of bond/secret with Carol.

Is Abraham the next Governor?
  8. MichaelWinicki

32,121 Messages
    2,766 Likes Received
    SPOILER reply...

No question that the it was implied that the little girl could easily kill the baby as she did the rabbits. The kid is heading towards a bad event.

It's easy to see the some "Governor" parallels with Abraham and his small group, and he may seem antagonistic for a while but no, he's not a "Governor" substitute.
  9. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,370 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Did anyone else catch the blooper?

Tara tells Glenn her sister and nephew...she had a niece.

And I 100% convinced that Lizzie killed Karen and Dan and Carol is covering.
  10. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,065 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    Tremendous episode! No Corl! :)

Wow, Abraham has arrived. They were saying how the three of them (Abraham, Eugene, Rosita) looked pretty much EXACTLY as they appeared on one of the comic book issue covers. (never have seen it because I have the Compendium, and it doesn't have the covers)

Semi-spoiler alert? :

I wonder how far they will take the dynamic between Rick and Abraham in the shows. I also can't even imagine that they will have that sequence with Abraham, Rick, and Corl! on the way up to Rick's old town north of Atlanta. If they do, Chandler Riggs might need professional counseling :eek:
  11. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,455 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    Yeah, I tend to agree with you on that. She seems pretty crazy pants.
  12. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,201 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    yea, i did wonder about the nephew part.

and makes you wonder. the girls were found near the fence a lot and dead mice found there...but i never thought about the girls killing and carol covering - now that would throw a wrench into the mix...
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,689 Messages
    1,901 Likes Received
    Spoiler...

Also do we really need to say Spoiler after an episode that has already been shown? If you haven't seen an episode it's common sense not to come into this thread..

Anyways..

Carol.. I hate how they brought her back. I knew she would be back but I didn't think she would just basically show up out of thin air like she did. I thought she would be with a group or something. I felt that was pretty lazy by the writers making her just appear.
  14. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,370 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Lizzie is showing all the signs of a budding serial killer.
  15. MichaelWinicki

32,121 Messages
    2,766 Likes Received
    Yeah, you're probably right about that, i.e. the use of the Spoiler.
  16. MichaelWinicki

32,121 Messages
    2,766 Likes Received
    No doubt in my mind that Lizzie killed Karen.

Carol was way too admitting of the murders for it to be her.

Yep, she helped drag the bodies out, thus the hand-print on the door frame, but she didn't plunge the knife.

And we know Lizzie is going to pull more good stuff before things are over with.
  17. MichaelWinicki

32,121 Messages
    2,766 Likes Received
    Yeah, the Carol reappear was badly handled.
  18. Angus12

Angus12 Active Member

123 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    I don't think so. If you think about the timeline, she wasn't gone very long at all. Rick left her, went back to the prison and was getting ready to tell Tyrees. The Gov attacks, and every one splits. So really, how long was she really gone? A day? A few hours? It's not like she was gone for weeks and had time to get with another group.

And she said she was close, and saw the aftermath of the attack. So it's likely that she would start looking for survivors to see if she could help.
  19. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

959 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    I could see Carol sneaking back intending to grab Lizzie and Mika only to find the Governor at the gates and following Tyreese and the kids as they made their getaway.
  20. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,629 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    Lizzie's last name happen to be Borden?