1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Washington Redskins are eliminated from the playoffs

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jzcowboy, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jzcowboy

jzcowboy Active Member

949 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Ha! That's just fun to say.
    JPostSam likes this.
  2. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Everyone here thought they were gonna be the ones fighting us for the division too. LOL.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,993 Messages
    5,022 Likes Received
    They were before the loss tonight but I get what you are saying.
  4. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,668 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Well, at least they can take solace in the fact that they will get a very high 1st round draft pick.....
    or the Rams will.:p
  5. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,371 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    How many passes can one team drop in a half? If I were the Skins, I'd be auditioning a new conditioning coach.
  6. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,779 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    Wow, I'm not a Skin fan but I'd be pissed about what happened at the end of the game if I were. That's just a terrible job by the refs, and they all should be fined for the way that was handled. If this game was meaningful, that stunt at the end could've potentially cost a team a spot in the playoffs.

This is what happened for those that didn't see it.

On the last drive of the game, the Redskins are attempting to tie up a 7 point decefit. Pass to Garçon on 2nd down was borderline a first down, so Shannahan asks the ref for a measurement. The ref tells him it's a first down so no measurement is needed. Redskins then call a 20 yard pass play thinking it's 1st and 10. The pass was incomplete, then the refs switch the downs to 4th and 1. On the very next play it's a short pass to Garçon that gets the ball taken from him, and ball game.

I think the refs should have to answer for this, because that's a terrible job. I won't be surprised if this is a blown up story tommorrow, because they really dropped the ball on that situation. Luckily for them though, the game was meaningless.

Anyone else see this?
    khiladi likes this.
  7. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,417 Messages
    1,595 Likes Received
    Ouch. That's bad. That's real incompetence.
    khiladi likes this.
  8. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Terrible job handling that situation by the refs.
  9. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,017 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Rams are going to love their top five pick.
    dffl11 likes this.
  10. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,779 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
  11. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,568 Messages
    1,416 Likes Received
    I saw the idiot kick the ball. He put more energy in that kick than he did in holding on to the ball.
    NIBGoldenchild and dstovall5 like this.
  12. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

819 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    Saw it.

Liked it because it screwed the Redskins.

Hopefully this will draw attention to how atrocious the officiating has been for everyone this season.
    dstovall5 likes this.
  13. CowboysLegend365

CowboysLegend365 Active Member

326 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    1 out, 2 to go.
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,150 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    Redskins got screwed by the refs, that was total bush league officiating right there.
    khiladi and dstovall5 like this.
  15. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

771 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Shanahan will get fired. I think RGIII has some maturity issues and frankly, QB skill issues but he's the chosen one for Snyder.
  16. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,017 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Shanahan is 24-36 in year four of trying to turn the team around. First two years, last in the division. First in 2012 obviously, regressed back to last this season.

Snyder is canning him after the season - foregone conclusion.
  17. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,080 Messages
    992 Likes Received
    Yeah I saw it. As much as I hate the Skins the refs once again completing drop the ball. NFL refs are becoming absolutely horrible in the last few years. They used to be pretty decent for the most part but they have been inconsistent on call a lot. I don't know if it's because there are so many interpretation with the passing rules and hits to the QB and other players that have their heads all jumbled up but they are really costing teams with some of these calls.
    dstovall5 likes this.
  18. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,174 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Looks like RG3 is rounding into shape. I do not see what all the love is about him, with the number of passes he threw you would expect at least 300 yards. He was right on his averages for last year in this game.
  19. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,718 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    Not everyone. I really didn't feel like RG3 was going to come back as well as others thought he would, and without him, they'd take a step back. Didn't realize they'd take a bunch of steps back, though.
  20. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,718 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    Well, the officiating was bad at the end there (Triplett's and idiot), but that didn't cause them to drop one pass after another, including the one to Davis on the play where everyone was screwed up. He caught the ball at about the 20, and then dropped it when he was hit. Hard hit, but he should have held on to it. Then, Garcon has an easy first down on the next play, but lets Hill just take it from him. Sure, the refs did them no favors, but the Skins screwed themselves every bit as much as the refs did.