1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

There might only be 3 or 4 good O-lines in NFL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

1,999 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Denver Manning Factor, Houston, Minnesota and San Fran. All others are up and down or just suck.
  2. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,067 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    Don't forget New England. I have never seen a QB with more time to throw except when he plays the Giants.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,748 Messages
    748 Likes Received
    Umm, I can name a few more as well.

Washington
    Seattle
    Chiefs
    Panthers
    Saints
    Bills
    Etc.

There are good lines that didn't make it to the postseason.
  4. Blue Eyed Devil

Blue Eyed Devil Active Member

474 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    New Orleans has an amazing offensive line
    Kansas City has a fine o-line
    Seattle has a fine o-line
    Minnesota's o-line is a fine o-line

I agree on the other poster's comment about New England. So we have 9 lines now that are well constructed. That's pretty normal for a position group consisting of 5 players. You'd probobly say there's 9 secondaries that are really good, or 9 WR corps that are deep.

It just speaks to how pathetic the Dallas o-line has been for so long that some fans just assume there's no such thing as a good o-line!
  5. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,261 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    More flawed reasoning trotted out and shot full of holes,,,, but at least your girlfriend is a cutie.

:romothumbsup:
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,891 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    A great defense usually penetrates a great offensive line. Plus, if you send more than they have to block, it's up to your QB to have the brains to get it to the open guy.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,748 Messages
    748 Likes Received
    What kind of reply is this?
  8. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Of the ones you listed, Houston is not great at right tackle and right guard. They can't block a big nose tackle and don't run right at all. Last year they were all world. Minnesota and Dallas could switch guards and neither team would notice. In fact livings would be the best of the bunch.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,748 Messages
    748 Likes Received
    I heard the guys on Talking Cowboys, and they all seemed to agree, say that Bernadeau was actually noticeably better than Livings. I was a little surprised to hear that, as my take was the same as yours.

As far as Houston, they ran right tackle 15% of the time and right end 11% of the time which was roughly on the NFL average of 14% and 9% respectively. In general, teams just run to the left and mid more often.
  10. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,164 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    and there are a bunch of fans who dont know how things work on a football team. also butt hurt and conspirascies.
  11. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Active Member

490 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    The one thing to keep in mind when talking about great o lines is that a great DL will usually beat a great OL, just ask the Patriots
  12. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,025 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Or maybe the QB to have a receiver adjust to a hot route, or a receiver to get open, or perhaps a coach to call a screen.
  13. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,261 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    Just trying to make him feel good even though his OP is being demolished,,, but what's it to you?
  14. kidcrook

kidcrook Member

819 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Browns
    Seahawks
    Titans
    Buccaneers

These quality NFL lines. Aside from the Seahawks, these teams could win with better QB play.
  15. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I really don't think there are that many good lines in the NFL, but that should be no excuse for the Cowboys not having one. The younger posters may not remember, but the older posters remember how good it was to have a line that could dominate a defense. The defense would know that a running play was called, but they couldn't do a thing to stop it.
  16. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,388 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Redskins and Seahawks lines will be determined pretty soon here.

I think both are just OK, but at the same time pretty good.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,381 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    Assuming there is of those open guys to throw to
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,381 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    I think there are at least 15 or more good olines. Great ones? Not too many.
    Good would be nice though.
  19. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,000 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    There are more than 3 or 4 good offensive lines in the NFL. In reality there are 10 to 15 good offensive lines in the NFL.
  20. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,269 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    That's a little surprising to me too. Livings seems to get beat cleanly by quickness a couple of times a game but otherwise has looked okay. Bern just doesn't look strong enough to hold up against strong rushes right in his grill. IF I could pick one to upgrade, I'd still look to replace Bern.