1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Things I just don't get that millions of people do..

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by jcollins28, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,523 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    1. The Boss
    2. U2
    3. Cold Play
    4. Anything from Apple

Seriously, all of these things seem severely overrated to me.
  2. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,648 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Posting opinions on the inter-webs is highly overrated too, but I still do it.

C'mon man, you know deep down inside your a big Boss fan. :D

BTW, here's my favorite version of Clocks. Enjoy. ;)

[youtube]fOop0dE8hQI[/youtube]
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament...

29,510 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    1. WAY overrated but I like some of his stuff
    2. Great band
    3. Totally useless and they plagarize
    4. Hey now... I have PC and Apple gear. Apple gear is of much higher quality... it just is...
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

33,258 Messages
    2,683 Likes Received
    I've never understood why people dislike Apple for the strange reasons they do.

Do these same people have similar dislikes for expensive clothing companies?
  5. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

7,025 Messages
    861 Likes Received
    I dislike them because in my experience they have been inferior products that cost much more than their counterparts. Seems pretty valid to me. The fact that a huge portion of their customer base are sheep is just an annoyance that adds to it.
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

26,613 Messages
    1,619 Likes Received
    Springsteen is an outstanding songwriter. His taste for composition is terrible - he ruins song after song with awful music behind it, but listen to his words and you will find one of the lyricists of the past 40 years. Also, his work is somewhat ruined by the morons shouting "brooooooooooooce." Ironically, it is the stupid anthematic musical turns that drives the knucklehead fan base.
  7. Hoofbite

33,258 Messages
    2,683 Likes Received
    What if the "sheep" are people who have had good experiences with their products?
  8. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Considering that the sheep exhibit the same biochemical neurotransmitter responses when presented with a new Apple product release or purchase as is exhibited by a personal religious experience, I'm gonna call bull **** on that.

Never was I so happy to see Dell products as when Texas State dumped Apple for a few years at the tail end of the 90's. They've got Apple again, but there are enough PC's on campus that you can avoid using their junk if you're willing to walk up or down a few floors.
  9. Hoofbite

33,258 Messages
    2,683 Likes Received
    I would expect that response to occur in PC people who are equally fanatical about their products as well.

I'd expect that response to occur when Dallas wins a football game or drafts a coveted player.

The word "huge" extends beyond the fanatical and into the general populace.

And is this really a reason to dislike a brand? Because other people like it for whatever reason they do?

I can't think of a single item I dislike because OTHER PEOPLE will swear by it and buy it.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

28,507 Messages
    4,045 Likes Received
    Me neither. If people swear by it, it's probably good.

You don't see anyone swearing by the Dodge Stratus.
  11. Hoofbite

33,258 Messages
    2,683 Likes Received
    Sure about that?

[youtube]P2uUDkMYtrQ[/youtube]
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

32,864 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    I'm not sure "those people" exist. (PC fanatics) Most of the time they are just techno-geeks. It has nothing to do with PC being the greatest product ever.

I've never met anymore more fanatical than a fanatical Apple fanboy. Well, that isn't completely true. There are two other fanatical types that either are as fanatical or possibly a bit more than Apple fanboys, but they belong to two subjects that we aren't allowed to discuss on CZ. (religious and political fanboys)

As for my opinion. Apple makes good products. They don't fit everyone's bill. One thing I do agree with though is that they are definitely overpriced. Yeah, their quality is better than the average PC / MP3 player, but they definitely aren't a "value buy". Most PC manufacturers are trying to make the cheapest PC they can so more people will buy them. That isn't what Apple is trying to do. There is way to much competition in the PC market for someone to try and be "Apple" of the PC market. They would fail almost immediately.

My PC at home is higher quality than any Mac you can buy and I definitely spent less than half of what a comparable Mac would cost.
  13. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    But they are creative and artistic :D
  14. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,767 Messages
    7,517 Likes Received
    Never have been, and doubt I ever will be, a fan of "the Boss". Just don't get it.

I don't dislike U2 but just not a band I like as well as many do.

Cold Play...no thanks

Anything Apple...It's funny because I am diehard PC guy over apple computers but I have mad love for my Iphone and before that my ipod.

===

I will add some things to the list.

Croc shoes - only thought of it because of a thread we had recently. I guess I get that people like them for comfort but I would not be caught dead in those things.

Diehard Car/truck brand guys - If I like a truck or car, I like it no matter what brand. I don't get the people who go out of their way to comment about how they would never drive this brand or that and have stickers in truck windows with the cartoon kid peeing on an opposing brands logo. I have seen truck guys arguing back and forth to the point of almost fighting over Chevy is the best, no Chevy sucks or the same with ford or dodge. I just shake my head at the stupidity of it.

Pre packaged teeny bopper bubble gum pop music - Some of these artists and bands that don't play an instrument, don't write their own music, have everything done for them and just come in and sing off a piece of paper and seem to put more importance in how their stage show is a big dance routine while they lip sync the songs. Just don't get the love for that.

The AT&T/HTC 4G commercials- Well not sure if it is HTC or not but those commercials irritate the crap out of me. That was so 12 seconds ago, That was so a minute ago that was blah blah blah. Are you telling me some nipple heads are sitting around bragging about 12 seconds ago over ever little idiotic thing when someone asks them a question. But I know a lot of people who like those ads. Arrggg
  15. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Tell the truth and shame the devil.....you have Beiber Fever :laugh1:
  16. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,767 Messages
    7,517 Likes Received
    I am always making fun of this young girl (well 22 is young to me) at work.

Huge..>HUGE kardashian fan and also a beiber fan.

So I am always making fun of those two.

Well she comes back to work after the Holidays and someone had gotten her some kind of pendant/charm for her necklace that has Justin Beibers smiling face on it. She says, look what my little cousin got me..knowing I will make fun of it.

Well this young lady is kind of on the heavy side, is well endowed and tends to wear tops that show a good bit of cleavage. So I say...well does it feel weird to have a picture of Justin smiling while hanging and resting in your cleavage. She has not worn it since. :laugh2: :laugh2:
  17. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

9,013 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    I don't get why people substitute other words with "do". Product of the Mountain Dew generation?
  18. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

32,864 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    Because "Do" or "Dew" is easier to say with no teeth? :laugh2:
  19. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

9,013 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    Valid point. Back to the topic at hand!
  20. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament...