1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

This Denver game will be closer than some expect

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by EndGame, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,568 Messages
    173 Likes Received

That kool aid you're drinking must have a tad bit more sugar in it this time.
  2. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,554 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    It actually does and it tastes good!
  3. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,568 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Obviously, I've had my fair share and I've realized that drinking too much sugary kool aid is bad for my health.
  4. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,451 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Only thing is I don't really know if we belong on this list of bad teams or not...
  5. Carharris2

Carharris2 Active Member

647 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Fun!
  6. Carharris2

Carharris2 Active Member

647 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    We will win this game and this is the turning point game I've been waiting for for 17 years.
    Staubacher likes this.
  7. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Whats crazy is denver is this good even without their best corner and a top 2 linebacker In the league.
  8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

3,640 Messages
    909 Likes Received
    Can you possibly wait for 17 years & the 6th game of the season?
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  9. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

9,756 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    That's because they're so good offensively. They get opponents so far behind they have to press to try and come back. Denver ranks #1 against the run due to the fact that opponents have to abandon the run and throw the ball to try and match scores with them. The Bronco's rank 30th against the pass which is 2 spots worse than the Cowboys because opponents have to air it out against them. Denver is willing to give up garbage yards through the air sitting on a big lead.
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,097 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    The Bronco's are going to come to Dallas and stomp a mudhole in AT&T stadium and then Payton is going to sign his name next to his little sisters name in the visiting locker room.

The Cowboys have no chance.
    pjtoadie and StarBoyz83 like this.
  11. Carharris2

Carharris2 Active Member

647 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Yes. I guess so.
  12. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

3,640 Messages
    909 Likes Received
    You may have to. We can beat the Redskins.
  13. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

1,428 Messages
    794 Likes Received
    I'm feeling it too. Won't be easy but we squeak it out.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,384 Messages
    1,235 Likes Received
    If by close you mean 38-17 - I agree.
  15. lane

lane The Chairman

10,367 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Who's Payton?
  16. venky

venky Active Member

439 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    We're going to lose.
  17. lane

lane The Chairman

10,367 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    what if Peyton gets his bell rung by a young , hungry Wilcox?

what if Church slams welker into next week?

no one knows yet
  18. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,050 Messages
    1,129 Likes Received
    Been gandering various Broncos boards, about 99.9% of them expect a blowout and Dallas has no chance. Most(all) media picks favor Denver. Casual folks on the street, friends and family all say we have no chance. My three year old said Denver as well as my dog(2 barks was for Denver). I expect a plane to fly overhead tomorrow reading the same. I bet the players wives are having a girls nite out Sunday evening to avoid their men.

I went to the other side, the big money gamblers at a site I frequent. I would say about 75% like Den too and will bet them up to 13 if need be, but that won't happen. Vegas wants this win badly so they can set up Denver's next weeks line against JAX, a potential all time high.

Friends, Romans and countrymen....Lend me your ears .This is the definition of a trap game. Take the Cowboys and the points. What? I don't need no stinkin points!

This is all setting up way too easy for our team to make a statement this weekend and spoil everyone's Sunday.
    Carharris2 likes this.
  19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

9,756 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    I hope this game is going to be closer than some of us expect because if it's not it will further confirm how mediocre a team the Cowboys continue to be and how far away they are from ever being championship caliber. If you're going to get beat in front of your home crowd at least show some character and go down with a fight. If the Cowboys get beaten badly in this game then they probably entered the game expecting to get beaten badly.

This is the type of game that should have the Cowboys fired up and ready to play because not only do they need the win after their crappy performance vs the Chargers last week but many aren't giving them a chance. Sunday will be gut check time for this team and it's going to be hard for even the biggest HOMERS to respect the Cowboys if Sundays game turns into a debacle. I don't care how damn good Peyton Manning and the Broncos are the Cowboys need to make a statement in this game.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

18,985 Messages
    4,152 Likes Received
    It might be competitive for a half. The better team dominates the 2nd half and wins by more than 14.