1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

This film is gonna be awful

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by MonsterD, Apr 5, 2011.

1. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,647 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    Link

Will Smith and his son Jaden, 12, are to star in a sci-fi film - their first big-screen appearance together since 2006 drama The Pursuit of Happyness.
    It will feature a boy who tries to save himself and his estranged father after their ship crashes on an abandoned Earth, 1,000 years in the future.
    M Night Shyamalan will direct and co-write the as-yet-untitled film.
  2. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,800 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    If Jaden wasn't such a poor actor it might be ok. I have liked just about every movie Will Smith has been in. But I can't say the same about Jaden (not sure that ive seen anything he has been in except Karate Kid)
  3. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,127 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    i doubt it will be bad. To this day I still have not seen a bad movie done my Will Smith.
  4. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For some reason in the last few M. Night films...the acting is sooooooo wooden. His first few films had great acting. Maybe you need the top tier actors to pull his dialogue off. I know Marky Mark couldn't...he was BAD in the happening. Hopefully Smith won't suffer this curse.

Mr. Night...how do you go from making great films to the worse films out. Sixth Sense, Signs, Unbreakable........to the the happening and last airbender, two of the worst acted films in recent history.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Hate if you want, Will Smith can make anything entertaining.

How M Night Shamalamadingdong roped him into a starring role is beyond me though.
  6. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Not every swing is going to be a home run and who knows how it plays out when working with poor talent. Marky Mark was the name at the moment and M. Night either thought he could direct such a dud or the studio or someone else may have pushed for him. I never saw airbender so I don't even know who's in it, but for the most part, great acting a lot time is the product of a great director. He might not be an actors director. He sets a good mood, but he might be limited to that as far as directing goes and like you said needs to stick with actors who can act.
  7. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,370 Messages
    1,850 Likes Received
    M Night Shyamalan is still on my you know what list for The Happening and especially for The Last Airbender (part 1). I would cross my fingers for this film, but I'm getting fed up with his work and don't feel like hoping for the best.
  8. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,909 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Will Smith is my favorite actor.
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,202 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Until Miles Austin gets his first role. ;)
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Yeah M Nights stuff has really gone downhill.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    I hate movies with kids in leading roles. Just hate them.
  12. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,499 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    Uh, this...
  13. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,370 Messages
    1,850 Likes Received
    How about Tatum O'Neal in Paper Moon or Natalie Portman in The Professional?
  14. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,346 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Please no......I like Will Smith but his son has all the acting skills of a cardboard box.
  15. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I'm not getting the hate. The new version of karate kid was atleast a million times better, specifically because this kid actor is that much better then Ralph Machio ever was.
  16. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,049 Messages
    4,399 Likes Received
    I thought the new karate kid sucked compared to the original. I won't say machio is a good actor but over all I thought the original movie was at least a million times better.
  17. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,499 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    Oh look, Jaden Smith has an account on CowboysZone! :laugh2:
  18. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,202 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I disagree.
  19. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,800 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I agree. Machio isn't that great of an actor but to say Jaden Smith is better is a bit of a stretch. I didnt hate the new movie but I liked the original much better. I just wish Hollywood could come up with something withour doing remakes
  20. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,012 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    I agree