1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

This is sorry and a sad reality

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by theebs, Jun 22, 2007.

1. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
  2. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :( That really sucks!
  3. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,346 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Where in that article, do you get he was "murdered" for being a peace activist, because I don't see that mentioned?
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    putting one and one together. Maybe it was random.

We will find out. Maybe it was suicide. Someone murdered him the article says.
  5. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,840 Messages
    1,384 Likes Received
    I'm trying to see that also. Honish was found inside his truck with the engine still running. The article then states that his brother was arrested the next day near the beginning of the article. Towards the end of the article, Dan Burnam, a coordinator for an activist group which Honish wasn't affiliated with, said, "I don’t know that much about David’s personal, private life. It’s kind of bizarre he died in a gun accident".

I'm confused. Was Honish's brother arrested for accidentially shooting his brother in the truck while they were traveling together and a gun was fired accidentially? If so, that would be involuntary manslaughter, right? I can't really determine anything after reading the article.
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Rule #1 when transporting firearms......Don't load it until you need it
    Rule #2 Use the safety
  7. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,346 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Ya know what I really miss? Gun racks in the back window of pickups that actually HAVE a gun IN them!!

Ahhhhh, the good ol' days of having some punk go into the 1st stages of road rage on ya, then watching how fast they disappear when they see you insert the key into the lock on your rack, as you slowly, and deliberately chamber a nice shinny 30/06 shell. ;)
  8. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,788 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Only problem with rule #1 is if you wait til you need it to load it, it might be to late to use it ;-)
  9. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obviously not murdered because he was a "peace activist" and leaping to that conclusion is faulty. Since his brother has been arrested you have to look at motives such as jealousy and/or financial disagreements, under the umbrella of a passion murder, if he is indeed guilty.
  10. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

I already said maybe its a reach, but when I read it I was putting one and one together.