1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

This is what Obama says we should emulate

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Sep 20, 2008.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    and for reference, this is who McCain wants us to emulate...

[IMG]

In all seriousness, how does poisoned milk in China relate to Obama? Does Obama want our babies to die!? Oh wait, there is the abortion thing...damn.
  3. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Heh. Cute. Seriously, though, after or during the Olympics Obama went on a tear telling us how inferior our system is to theirs, why look at all their pretty stadiums, buildings, and airports - "why aren't we doing that?". Never mind many of those things were built with pseudo-slave labor, and built to ubsurdly poor standards. Never mind, also, that our infrastructure is the envy of the world. Nah. Why be bothered with details.
  4. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ah, ok, I see what you were talking about. For everyone else, here's a link to what was said...

http://obamaisacommie.wordpress.com/2008/08/22/obama-praises-communist-government-of-china/

To me all he's saying is that we need to put more money into our infrastructure and he used China as an example of how it could be done quickly. He could have used any recent Olympic city though as most of them do the same thing. I believe Atlanta really overhauled their transportation system for the games and, of course, built some new world class arenas. You're right that we have the best infrastructure but to keep it the best we do need to continue to put money into it.

I think it's funny he mentions doing it to keep corporations in the country though. Increased taxes on corporations are going to drive more companies out of the country faster than a good infrastructure could ever hope to counter.