1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

THIS is why a politician's voluntary associations matter:

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://governor.mo.gov/cgi-bin/cora...XqGMaj&style=Default News Style&tmpl=newsitem

Gov. Blunt Statement on Obama Campaign’s Abusive Use of Missouri Law Enforcement

JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Matt Blunt today issued the following statement on news reports that have exposed plans by U.S. Senator Barack Obama to use Missouri law enforcement to threaten and intimidate his critics.

“St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer, and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the Obama-Biden campaign.

“What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment.

“This abuse of the law for intimidation insults the most sacred principles and ideals of Jefferson. I can think of nothing more offensive to Jefferson’s thinking than using the power of the state to deprive Americans of their civil rights. The only conceivable purpose of Messrs. McCulloch, Obama and the others is to frighten people away from expressing themselves, to chill free and open debate, to suppress support and donations to conservative organizations targeted by this anti-civil rights, to strangle criticism of Mr. Obama, to suppress ads about his support of higher taxes, and to choke out criticism on television, radio, the Internet, blogs, e-mail and daily conversation about the election.
    “Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press constantly say false things about me and my family. Usually, we ignore false and scurrilous accusations because the purveyors have no credibility. When necessary, we refute them. Enlisting Missouri law enforcement to intimidate people and kill free debate is reminiscent of the Sedition Acts - not a free society.”
  2. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Lets see how the libearls on this board will defend yet another display of gestapo like actions by the campaign of the chose one.
    Let me guess;"Obama did not know about it"...
  3. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I guess my point in all this was, we've been saying that the Rev Wright, Ayers & his wife Dorin (sp?), Alynski by proxy, et al all advocate for precisely this same thing in order to force "change". So how does it look now that Obama and his supporters are ALSO doing PRECISELY the same thing that his longtime associates advocated? ...by any means necessary...
  4. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Unbelievable.
  5. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No liberal response?

:eek:
  6. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama= Communism
  7. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Oh please...they are too busy trying to destroy Sarah Palin and failing at it.
  8. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So what did Obama's camp do?

I don't see any specifics in that article...only accusations.

Is Obama using threats of prosecution and imprisonment to stop lies?

If he is...Big deal...people do that everyday when they think people are saying or printing lies about them.

I'm sure Obama's people think these things are lies...and IF they are not, then the Judicial system will throw out him claim and we move on.

Obama himself can't prosecute or imprison someone...only the judicial system can do that.

FEAR!

Let's Raise the terror alert to RED while we're at it!

“Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press constantly say false things about me and my family. Usually, we ignore false and scurrilous accusations because the purveyors have no credibility. When necessary, we refute them

So is this guy saying that Obama is trying to stop legally...FALSE and scurrilous accusations...but that he would like Obama to just ignore them?

So he's saying these things being said about Obama really ARE false.

That's what it looks like to me.

Hey just because I ignore false things being said about me you should too.

:laugh2:
  9. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    See?
    Responses like that are the reason why you are not taken seriously around here.Unintentionally funny and hopelessly off mark.
    Today we laugh at you.
  10. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That's all you got.

I explained my position and all you saw was me making fun of you.

Can't help it that that's pretty much what you want when it comes to Obama.

Truth hurt?

He's a Terrorist.

He's a Muslim.

He's a Racist.

He's an Atheist.

Blah..Blah...Blah...it's what you say all the time.

See the pattern here?

FEAR!

Shouldn't you be off explaining again how the Democrats can pass the Bailout plan without any Republican support at all.

Spewing crap and not knowing what you're talking about as usual.

The joke here...is YOU!

I suppose that has nothing to do with FEAR.

:laugh2:
  11. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wonder if Fox News has seen this? This needs to be broadcasted over the TV.
  12. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    CHANGE!!!!

:lmao2: :lmao: