1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

This super bowl proved one thing

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by lane, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,629 Likes Received
    Beautiful.
  2. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,643 Messages
    2,753 Likes Received
    So anybody who is confused when someone points to one of those three stats, anybody who sees it as an excuse or a consolation, just needs to remember yesterday's game.

That's what a complete team looks like.
  3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,935 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    The one stat that equates to wins and losses more than any other especially during the playoffs and SB is a QB's TD to turnover ratio. Manning's TD to turnover ratio yesterday was 1-3 compared to 2-0 for Wilson. Turnovers are a killer in the playoffs and SB they put defenses back on the field and force them to have to defend a short field. In Seattle's 3 losses in 2013 Wilson had 4 turnovers.
  4. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,111 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Did I hear it right last night when they said the Seahawks are mostly made up of mid round picks and street free agents? If so, WOW. Why can't we do that? By the way, I know the real answer to that question.........
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,629 Likes Received
    That's going in the sig for a while, because I have a feeling I'll be referencing it quite a bit when we talk about building a winning team in coming threads.
    percyhoward likes this.
  6. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,729 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    Just like a couple years ago when the only guy playing for Denver was Tebow.
  7. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,664 Messages
    970 Likes Received
    True. Except Manning actually has talent and Tebow did his on smoke and mirrors. But man, the end of 2011 was too much for me hearing about Tebow. The beatdown they got by the Pats was so sweet. Wasn't it something like 35-0 early in the 2nd? Then NE took their foot off the pedal and coasted.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,056 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    I thought Peyton's OL looked awful yesterday. He had no time to throw at all. The few times he did, they moved the ball. I don't think he looked like a rookie at all. The 5 guys in front of him didn't show up. On top of the poor blocking they had stupid penalties at bad times.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received

Exactly. The sooner that some of the people who can't grasp this learn this simple fact the better.

And last night also should remind people that strong defense beats strong offense in playoffs and championships.