1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Those for JGarrett in 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DenCWBY, Nov 29, 2012.

1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,416 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    The 'facts' that show that this team has not improved in any measureable way. 8-8 last season, 5-6 this season. And an offense getting worse not better. That's all the 'facts' that anyone needs.

Conversely, what you have brought? Hopes and dreams? Wishful thinking? 'If's' and 'but's'?

Hard to have a debate when one side brings nothing to it.

Obviously.

8-8 and 5-6 say so irrefutably.

Once again, I bring tangible evidence and you bring - nothing.
  2. stasheroo

17,416 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    Very good point.

By that time, he did have the built up, tangible equity of having had success.

Unlike other guys...
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I've brought plenty and laid it out for you as well. You just ignore it and I'm not repeating myself.
  4. stasheroo

17,416 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    Then it's obvious what you consider evidence is woefully inaccurate.

I wouldn't want you to repeat the complete fabrications you've tried to pass off as information here.

The original poster summed it up pretty well when he challenged the supporters to provide any tangible proof.

I have yet to see any in this entire thread.
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Its their time to spend. I think its a worn out nothing left to be said discussion but they seem to be enjoying it.

Me, I see both sides but I'm tired of people never giving enough time (to me) to let it play out. I'm frustrated also but I don't want to keep after the latest "shiny ring" as if constant change will someday equate to better.
  6. stasheroo

17,416 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    I'm also not crying for change for change's sake.

If Payton ultimately does re-sign with the Saints, I might even advocate giving Garrett one more year, though I would give thought to a coach with the skins on the wall that Holmgren does.

But if I can get an obviously successful and better-qualified coach to take over with this group of players, I do it without hesitation.

What people hope Jason Garrett becomes, Sean Payton is.
  7. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    And FYI:

The team that Sean Payton took over was 3-13.

Another brutal comparison to go along with Landry, Coughlin and Bellichik.

I suggest you JG supporters aim lower in your comparisons, guys such as Zorn or Kiffin seem much more apt.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,487 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
    Stash, your PM Box is full. Wanted to respond to our Sean lee discussion.
  9. Hostile

118,487 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
    Not completely true for me. I think he can be more than that. Which is exactly why I am unwilling to give up.
  10. stasheroo

17,416 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    Cleaned it up a bit. Thanks for letting me know!
  11. stasheroo

17,416 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    You are really deep into this subject.

You are either going to be proven very right, or very wrong.

No in between on this one.
  12. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    You're right. It is their time and everyone views how they use their time differently. If that's how people choose to use theirs, so be it. I'm wrong in thinking they shouldn't.

I see both sides as well. I definitely understand the frustration with the team and Garrett at times. There have been a few times when I felt he simply needed to do a better job and a loss fell on him. I don't see you going to extremes though and making up demeaning nicknames for him and putting pictures of him in your sig that make fun of him. There's so much reactionary BS from supposed fans that undermines any sort of legitimate discussion about him and the job he's doing. It's the equivalent of a dysfunctional locker room. We have a dysfunctional fan base right now.
  13. Hostile

118,487 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
    Deeper than a Death Valley well digger.

I'm confident I am right.
  14. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    So would you always be open to a "better" coach every few years if one comes along?
  15. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Nah. I'm not one to make up "clever" names like jerrah so I can feel better about myself. That gets on my nerves.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,807 Messages
    2,635 Likes Received
    That sig is pretty funny considering the DFW media love Garrett. They've all been pulling for him from Day One.

Of course some have changed their minds the last few weeks because, well, they have eyeballs and some objectivity.

But they most definitely have not been biased against him. Just the opposite, in fact.
  17. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No one knows where this confidence comes from though. So far he's proven you wrong. When will you be right...5 years from now? 10 years from now? So if we go 8-8 the next 10 years and in the 11th year we start to contend...will you be right?

So when will this team contend again and have Garrett proving us wrong?? Please share....the rest of us are really puzzled. If there's something I've missed with this team and Garrett, fill me/us in!
  18. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I know where his confidence comes from. Just putting that out there.
  19. stasheroo

17,416 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    Not as a rule, no.

But I factor other things into the equation, like the talent this team does have, and the winding down of the careers of Hall of Famers in Ware and Witten and potential Hall of Famers like Romo.

At this point, I propose that it's easier to replace Garrett with better than to risk trying to replace that talent afterwards.
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    After reading your points in this thread, I have to say that I agree with you. I was willing to give Garrett a chance to start turning this thing around. I have given him a chance and he has failed. I wasn't expecting an instant Super Bowl run, but I expected to see some signs of improvement. I didn't expect the team to regress from where they were last year, but it is happening. I see the same sloppy play every week without any improvement. That is the disgusting part that something as simple as jumping offsides is not being corrected. This falls on coaching, plain and simple. If the team is headed in the right direction these simple mistakes should not be happening.

How much longer will excuses be accepted for these players? The WRs can not line up correctly and can not run a damn route. This same problem goes on week after week under Garrett's leadership. I see the same players making the same mistakes, but I don't see the benching that was discussed earlier this season. It is not happening.

Garrett also had his hand in the oline mess. These players are not Jerry's players. Garrett had picked these guys out and his plan has failed. He has not adjusted to this failure either.

I have looked for something, anything to that would indicate that this "process" is working. It is not there. Nothing has changed but the excuses and there are plenty of them.