1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Featured Thoughts after watching it on DVR for the first time

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by fanfromvirginia, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    I think you have your years mixed up. Jason Garrett is not calling plays in 2013. I don't mind if people have a problem with him but at least lets keep it factual.
    iceberg likes this.
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    it's like being stupid and thinking you're smart. and i'm sick and tired of people who don't even know what the **** they're mad at.
    Nav22 likes this.
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,508 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    It is still Garrett's scheme and philosophy.

Compare that to a restaurant.......a menu offers 50 entrees(sub-par food) and the chef is chosen to cater an event. He is free to pick and choose the entrees to fit the occasion but they still have to come from the menu and he is not allowed to create his own items. In the end, there won't be too much of a difference due to the sub-par items on the menu.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    ie - it's still your crutch.
  5. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

1,889 Messages
    949 Likes Received
    See this is what annoys me.

I believe the Cowboys are 2nd in the league in 1st drive points scored....

The offense hasn't been great the last few weeks but if we're going to criticize the unit it'd be great if we did so objectively.
    pancakeman and Nav22 like this.
  6. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

777 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    We seem to always have the types of games like this...

Where it seems almost EVERYONE gets out of sync on the offensive side at the same time.

Whether it is through penalties, dropped balls, or the like..

It always gets synced together and is hard to watch.
  7. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,819 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    why couldn't he do it earlier in the game??? Just saying.....
  8. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,190 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Things I learned from this thread...

1) Our offense takes too long to get going (stupid Garrett!!!!!!)... even though they've been one of the best teams this year at scoring on their 1st drive this season.

2) When we commit penalties or when receivers drop passes... that's Romo's fault for "lackking da leadershippz!!"

3) Our "scheme" calls for Jason Witten to be the #1 read ON ALL PASS PLAYS WITHOUT EXCEPTION. IF YOU HAVE EVER SEEN ROMO NOT LOOK WITTEN'S WAY FIRST, YOU NEED THICKER GLASSES.

Love the unintentional comedy this board provides.
  9. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,190 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Yeah, where was his QB leadership ability when the receivers were dropping passes!?!? Stupid Romo!!!

Next time a receiver drops a 3rd down pass, we should bench Romo for Orton WHO'S WITH ME?????
  10. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,819 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Overeacting much? I never said Romo was a scrub. What I meant is why couldn't we drive like that earlier in the game, whether it's receivers dropping the balls or Romo throwing behind them or just the wr's getting open. Why didn't that happen throughout the game?
  11. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,841 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Nav22 likes this.
  12. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,311 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    This was the ultimate hangover game after a last minute loss to the Lions. Next week will be a better indicator of how good or bad this team is right now.
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    I agree with most of this except for the thoughts on our defense. Its still awful and again, we gave up 400 yards of total offense to a pathetic offensive team. I saw it as more of a "bend, then break" defense, and we didn't "generally force the offense to settle for FG's". They had one FG and 3 TD's against us. The TO's are good.. but we need to be able to get stops, too.. especially against the freaking Christian Ponder's of the NFL.
    stasheroo likes this.
  14. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,190 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Sounds like you answered your own question. ;) Penalties hurt us too.

I'm sure the Saints are wondering how they lost to the Jets and the Colts are wondering why they started so terribly at Houston and the Seahawks are wondering why they started so terribly vs Tampa Bay. Parity is real.
  15. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,026 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Even the Christian Ponders of NFL can have a good game especially when he has a half decent running game.

If our offense had put up more points earlier in the game maybe Ponder wouldn't have had the opportunity to play as well as he did.
  16. RoyTheHammer

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    How so?

..and yes, the Christian Ponder's of the NFL can absolutely have a good game.. i'd just prefer it not always be against us.
    stasheroo likes this.
  17. IrishAnto

1,026 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    If we had a decent lead, then Ponder would have been forced to pass more and not been able to rely on the services of a certain Mr. Peterson.

Forcing Ponder to pass more would have given him more opportunity to screw up and negated Peterson’s ability to carry several Cowboy defenders into the endzone.
  18. RoyTheHammer

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    I don't know.. even when they get down, they still find ways to keep Peterson involved most of the time.

I think they realize by now that he is their offense.. except when they play us.. then everyone is their offense.

You could just as much assume that more pass attempts for Ponder would have just led to more yards given up by us, as you could that it would have led to more mistakes by him.
  19. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,436 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    You're like a dog with a new bone. Keep chewing at that inside out thin. Maybe you'll convince someone it's the key to all our failures.
  20. IrishAnto

1,026 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    While you can't be certain I don’t think it too much of a leap of the imagination to say that a decent lead would have forced the Vikings to pass more and relay less on Peterson.

And say what you will about our defense they do generate turnovers and knowing that Ponder is far more likely to pass would only help matters in that department.