1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on NFL Week 3 (2012)

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by tyke1doe, Sep 25, 2012.

1. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

28,490 Messages
    5,778 Likes Received
    - Don’t be surprised if Eli Manning is a candidate for league MVP.
    - Martellus Bennett has done more in three games in NY then he did in four years in Dallas.
    - When Cam is good, he’s really good. When he’s bad, he’s not only really bad but gets down in the dumps.
    - Whatever happened to the vaunted Carolina backfield?
    - What a waste of running backs.
    - The replacement refs have made the NFL a throw-back game, and I’m not talking just about officiating.
    - Defenses players are teeing off on offensive players in the mode of Dick Butkis, Ray Nitchke and Mel Blount.
    - Don’t think for a moment that the debacle in Seattle is going to get the regular refers back.
    - To the NFL and Goodell, bad publicity is better than no publicity at all.
    - And we’ll keep shelling out money and turning on the television set like lemmings.
    - Tony Romo might not last the season behind his ragtag offensive line.
    - Gerald McCoy hit Romo so hard I think his wife suffered a headache.
    - LaGarrett Blount needs to learn to stay grounded.
    - Sometimes, I think Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett is in way over his head.
    - Despite being 1-2, the Buccaneers look headed in the right direction.
    - I have no problem with the Bucs coach telling his troupes to go all out even on the last play of the game.
    - That’s how you build a 60-minute attitude.
    - The Titans rely on another Music City Miracle to beat the Lions.
    - That and a mental lapse by Jim Schwartz.
    - Lions backup QB Shaun Hill must have gone to mass early Sunday. And Titus Young.
    - What Mary giveth, Schwartz taketh away.
    - Yeah, yeah, a miscommunication on the last play.
    - Starring in the latest remake of “The Invisible Man,” Titans RB Chris Johnson.
    - Slow your roll on the 49ers Super Bowl bandwagon.
    - Ponder this for a moment: San Francisco was beaten by a QB not named Aaron Rodgers and not named Matt Stafford.
    - I’m not knocking Ponder, but I wonder if the 49ers took him and the Vikings for granted.
    - Still this was a victory a young QB can build upon.
    - Rudolph can make one-hand touchdown catches as well as lead Santa’s sleigh team.
    - Alex Smith, don’t regress on us now.
    - Vikings RB Toby Gerhart needs a dose of cough syrup too.
    - Steelers WR Antonio Brown must have dipped his gloves in butter before the game.
    - I’m surprised Darius Heyward-Bay’s head didn’t come off too.
    - Speedy recovery DHB.
    - Just when you were about to bury da Raiders they up and beat the Steelers.
    - Is Pittsburgh’s age showing?
    - Former college coach Jim Harbaugh was working over those college replacement refs.
    - I think it’s fair to say that Jamaal Charles’ injured knee is fully healed.
    - Ryan Succop was no suck up.
    - The Saints fans have pulled out the bags again.
    - Officially refer to them as “Da” Saints because they certainly need a “D.”
    - Matt Schaub’s now the Evander Holyfield of the NFL.
    - That was as vicious a hit as I’ve seen on a QB, especially when it causes a man to lose his ear.
    - Peyton Manning is by far the better quarterback, but I think Tim Tebow made the Broncos play to their highest potential.
    - Eric Decker is the next great white hope at wide receiver.
    - The refs gave Denver a gift of a pass interference. James Joseph couldn’t have been in better position if he had been given the play call.
    - Joel Dressen wins the “in the right place at the right time” award.
    - Were my eye’s deceiving me or was Peyton Manning wearing pink underwear?
    - Wade Phillips might not be much of a head coach but he’s a heck of a defensive coordinator.
    - That’s about the easiest TD pass, er, interception Rob Jackson is ever gonna get.
    - Reality show participant Andrew Hawkins starts for the Bengals.
    - If any team going to run the Wildcat right, it should be the Bengals.
    - If anyone doubts the power of inspiration, look no further than Tory Smith and his performance against the Patriots.
    - That game-winnning field goal looked good to me.
    - Maybe the ref had the Ravens special teams on his fantasy team.
    - Ed Reed still bringing the pain.
    - If Devin McCourty stays on his feet, game over.
    - Uh Billy Boy Belichik, you don’t put your hands on the refs.
    - Rex Ryan has done the impossible: He has made Tim Tebow irrelevant.
    - I think Deion said it best: When you’re throwing the ball to Tebow, something’s wrong with your offense.
    - Losing Darrell Revis is a major blow for the Jets.
    - Reggie Bush caught a major break.
    - Anthony Fasano had that ball.
    - A carpenter should know the work isn’t done until you drive through the last nail.
    - Colts TY Hilton “Hotel” was wide open on his touchdown pass and Andrew Luck checks in.
    - Maurice Jones Drew with his “Who needs preseason” performance.
    - The prevent defense does the Colts in.
    - Teams are out to punish Michael Vick.
    - Forget the fact that he won’t make it through the entire season; he might not last two more games.
    - What does Andy Reid have against LeSean McCoy?
    - What does Andy Reid have against running the football?
    - Yes, there’s a “D” in Cardinals.
    - Arizona’s defense made two of the top quarterbacks (Vick, Brady) look like Russell Wilson.
    - I see Larry Fitzgerald has come out of hiding.
    - Aaron Rodgers with the discount double sack x4.
    - Either the Packers offense has regressed or the Seahawks defense is vastly improved.
    - Russell Wilson gets away with doing just enough.
    - I try not to complain too much about officiating, but that was the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed on the NFL level.
    - That was no roughing against Wilson, no interference by Shields and no Hail Mary touchdown by Golden Tate.
    - The Seahawks can thank their 12th man for that victory.

Top 5
    1. Atlanta Falcons – They would have been excused had they lost the Chargers, but they won, on the road.
    2. Houston Texans – They have been the most consistent and played a pretty good Denver team.
    3. Arizona Cardinals – This team is winning with … Kevin Kolb at quarterback.
    4. Baltimore Ravens – Should be 3-0.
    5. NY Giants – Their offense is on fire, and their defense is just getting warmed up.

Bottom 5
    28. Carolina Panthers – Their only win is against the Saints. Nuff said.
    29. Jacksonville Jaguars – You barely beat the Colts. Yeah </sarcasm>
    30. Indianapolis Colts - You lost to the Jaguars.
    31. Cleveland Browns – They’re showing fight, but that’s about it.
    32. New Orleans Saints – WhodatsaytheygonnabeatdemSaints? Everybody.

As always, all corrections, clarifications, additions and comments are welcomed.