1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Three moves I would make during the Bye...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Avenging Hayseed, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    No clue how they would effect the salary cap though, although Im sure it could all be worked out out.

First.....really looks like New Orleans is going to start the season 0-4. In all reality that means season over for them, pretty much a foregone conclusion in the first place. They also lost picks this year as part of their punishment in the hits for hire scheme.

So I propose this.....We trade next years number one pick AND Jeremy Parnell to New Orleans for Jermon Bushrod.

Why would we do this? Well,..for one this move would give us a premier set of tackles for years to come. We most probably were going to have to spend a 1st on O line next year anyway,....this way we get the advantage of having the player THIS year. We move Free to swing tackle for the rest of the year until he can be released next season.

Why would New Orleans do this? For one....they desperately need the picks to reload next season. For 2.....Bushrod is set to become a free agent. " We can sign him long term after trade is made" For three......after this weekend their season is done anyway. Why include Parnell? Somebody has to play tackle for New Orleans! :D This gives them a young guy to stand in until they get a new starter next season in free agency,...OR...as a backup to groom.

New Orleans would gain the extra 1st rounder they need and still have the ability to use their free agency money on an offensive tackle.

Move two is a simple one........We sign Holland and cut Dockery. May the best man win between Holland and Bernadeau,....simple as that.

Move three.........we dump Felix to a team in need of a running back and in return pick up a halfway serviceable safety. Doesnt have to be some great talent or anything,...just a guy you can win with or at least maybe provide some halfway decent depth.

Im actually quite high on Tanner,....think the kid is a nice inside runner/pretty rugged. Bring up Dunbar to be the number three man.
  2. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    don't know if I'd give up a first but your moves would be interesting--but what if the OL looks okay against Chicago, do we still do this?
  3. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received

YES....we still do this. Anytime you have a chance to make your team better without totally sacrificing the future you should do it. The object is to continually improve in the hopes of bringing home a championship, actually as many championships as possible.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,678 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    You want to trade a FIRST for BUSHROD?!

Jane, let me off this crazy thing!
  5. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,604 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Well its pretty hard to trade a first rounder 3 games into the season when we have no idea what is going to happen, especially for a 28 year old tackle. At least you could've said Jenkins here, but the Saints probably wouldn't bite to that, so no dice.

This would be a desperation move that is like an old Jerry trade, yuck.

We would be lucky for anyone to make a deal for Felix at this point, but Holland would be a nice addition. Just looks like it won't happen unless there is another injury on the OL.
  6. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,884 Messages
    312 Likes Received
    Thanks, but I'd rather keep the 1st round pick and hopefully help the interior line next season.
  7. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Our next 6 games are.....Chicago, Baltimore, Carolina, New York, Atlanta, and Philly. If our O line doesnt improve,......and we come out of THIS 6 game stretch SUB .500, meaning losing 4 of the six, I wonder how folks would feel about these ideas then?

Its GREAT to plan for the future and all,....but IMO you should really care about the PRESENT 1st...NO?
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,604 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    A thought process like that leads to trades like Joey Galloway, RW11, and such.

The only way I sacrifice the future for the present with a first round draft pick is if its for a QB on a team that doesn't have a QB, like the Raiders. Since we have Romo, this is a nonissue for us, and a 28 year old RT for us isn't worth a first rounder.

We dream about getting a first rounder for Jenkins, a premium position, so giving one to the Saints for a RT would make them dance in the streets.
  9. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    My truck is in terrible need of a tuneup. In fact, its in such a need that it is causing the vehicle to only get about half the gas mileage it should. Really costing me at the pump, in fact the extra gas expense is starting to impact my ability to pay my other bills too. I have the resources available to give my truck the tuneup it needs. I REFUSE to do it though as I am worried that NEXT year something really major MIGHT happen! LOL :banghead:

Trade number one for a PROVEN lineman we NEED right NOW? Nawwwwww...totally stupid!

Use number one next year on a young player that we all know must go thru a learning curve and could in fact even end up busting?......BRILLIANT. :rolleyes:
  10. pgreptom

pgreptom Well-Known Member

1,439 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    I can't remember the last time a high profile player was traded weeks into the season... I like #2 and #3, though.
  11. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    The reverse thought process CAN also lead to the Dallas Cowboys not REALLY achieving much of anything significant since 1995.
  12. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,139 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    agree, bushrod is awful
  13. DEDoomsday

DEDoomsday New Member

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I also like 2 and 3. I wake up every morning hoping to see a pick sent to New England for Waters, who from what I've read wants to play as long as it's close to his home.
  14. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,281 Messages
    494 Likes Received
    Nope. Gotta keep our 1st rounders to build for the future. The season is still young.
  15. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

972 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    how about instead coakley and a 6th for bushrod?:lmao:
  16. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Don't think I'd give up a first but those are some interesting moves.
  17. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received

Yeah I know. That excellent runblocking and a grand total of THREE sacks he gave up last season in 16 starts for a team that throws the ball 70% of the time were just TURRIBLE.....:rolleyes:
  18. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Not just a first. A first AND Parnell.
  19. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    The definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again yet somehow expecting a different result. ;)
  20. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    The numbers I gave you all on Bushrod can be easily looked up and confirmed. Much easier to just blat out a bunch of uninformed sillyness though I guess.

Bushrods 3 sacks ? HORRIBLE!

Free and Smiths turnstile? NO PROBLEM!

I mean....with logic like that there is just no way we can lose! Cantya tell from all the big things our team has accomplished since 1995. :rolleyes: