1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Feb 10, 2011.

1. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Shannon Sharpe was on Jim Rome yesterday and he was bashing on Tim Tebow. John Elway has said that Kyle Orton is still the team's starting QB.

So this leads to a interesting discussion. Question 1: Do you believe Tim Tebow is a starting QB in the NFL and what is his ceiling?

Question 2: Let's say Denver is willing to ship him out for a 3rd round pick. Do you bite?

To me, he is a winner and played well in his 3 starts he averaged 280+ total yards and threw for 4 TD's and rushed for 3 TD's with a pretty bad team.

I guess I just don't see why so many fans and people around the league hate this guy.
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,735 Messages
    917 Likes Received
    Don't hate him. Just don't think he has what it takes to be a good QB. I think he is already close to his ceiling. He won't get significantly better, which is what he will need to do to become good enough.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't hate him just think he's a below average quarterback who will never ammount to anything in the nfl.
  4. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received

[IMG]

He's a little *****. That's why.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude alot of athletes cry when they lose.
  6. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Ratliff comes to mind. The Tebow hate is unreal. The guy has never done anything but win but people put him down every chance they get.
  7. NeonDeion21

2,010 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    I would rather have someone who is passionate about winning and losing instead of just collecting a paycheck.
  8. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Do the supporters of this idiot even realize WHY he gets this hate he gets? Do you even REMEMEBER the stupid crap he did back in college w/ his crying and screaming and BS antics?

It was rediculous.

THAT is why people want to dump on the guy. He tries to come across as the complete definition of a passionate crazy teamplayer and QB.

It was completely overboard and seemed staged.

The tantrums and yelling. It was over the top.

His mechanics suck btw so he will never be a quality QB in the NFL unless they completly rebuild him.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,855 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    I think hype has a lot to do with why some people dislike him. The hate isn't nearly as prolific as some would have you think. The vast majority of fans probably don't feel one way or the other on him, he hasn't done much of anything yet.
  10. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,431 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    I read romo needed to improve his delivery, accuracy, etc coming out of college before he could be a starter in the NFL. Romo worked his *** of and pulled it off.

Why can't Tebow? By all accounts, he has a great work ethic so I like his chances if given an opportunity
  11. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Did someone say Tebow couldn't? I don't see that said anywhere in this thread. People are saying RIGHT NOW he isn't and he was picked w/ a #1 and wasn't undrafted and signed for some chips and soda.

I'll take the 25,000$ undrafted FA to be my developmental QB over burning a #1 on someone who MAY POSSIBLY be a NFL QB under all of those layers of athletisism.
  12. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,831 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    QB is not a need so why waste a 3rd round on Tebow when he will never see the field? Please do not tell me you think he should start over Romo. Doubt Tebow could even beat Kitna out for backup QB.
  13. NeonDeion21

2,010 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Nope. Not what I was saying at all. And you are outside your mind if you think this team would choose Kitna over Tebow.
  14. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,831 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    1. Lockout year
    2. Kitna knows the offense
    3. Kitna did well filling in for Romo

Your outside your mind if you think we bring in a project QB as the back-up in a lock-out year. We already have Tim Tebow (as the 3rd string) in Stephen Mcgee.
  15. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,231 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    Did his teammates think this? Do you have any quotes from them or any anonymous sources from the team who thought he was a fake?

As to answer the question, I don't know whether he'll be a great NFL quarterback or not. But it won't be for a lack of effort. I think Tebow gives it all he can. He'll be, at the very least, an average to above-average quarterback.

As the saying goes, football is 10 percent talent and 90 percent mental.

I'm rooting for Tebow. I like him and his work ethic.
  16. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Some guys bag on Romo because they think he doesn't take losing hard enough. So now guys bag on him because he take losing hard. I'd want my QB to take losing hard, unlike Derek Anderson.

BTW, notice how his teammates are right there supporting him.
  17. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Got the crying down. What screaming and BS antics are you refering to?
    This is bad?

I know one thing, you're coming off as a passionate crazy hating poster.
    Yeah, he was staging all that while being busy winning 2 national titles and a Heisman.
    Again, i'm not aware of this but perhaps he was being a young leader on a real successful college team. I've seen guys like Brady yelling at their team to get their butts in gear. It's gotta be done at times. So many on this forum wish Romo would do that.

Why don't you shoot an email to Elway and inform him of this. I have all confidence he'll seriously consider your expert opinion.:rolleyes:
  18. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Tebow hate is as it is because the media force feeds him to us, continuously. Yeah, we get it, but they've pushed that kid to the ****ing point that ESPN felt the need to create a "Tebow Countdown" page for him on ESPN???

If he fails I'll laugh because the media is so heavily vested in wanting him to succeed it's become nauseating.

He has all the potential, right now, to be a below average quarterback or join the conversation of the biggest busts in the first round of the draft.

Derek Anderson looked good for a few games too.

Now ask yourself this, do you want your starting quarterback playing running back and carrying the ball 130-165 times a season which would be more than Michael Vick did in any season?

In three games he played as starting QB, he had 31 carries. 8 in one game (x16 = 128 carries) and then 10 and 13 (averaged x16 = 165).

31 tackles, plus 6 sacks in those three games as well. His propensity to hold onto the ball for too long or take off running is going to get him killed. I want no part of the kid on my team. Let someone else's fan base deal with the headache Virgin Air.
  19. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,565 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    i like tebow. he's emotional & passionate. he's also a leader. i still remember one game where he was talking to his temamates trying to get them fired up.
  20. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know. Something about Tebow just rubs me the wrong way.