1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by punit328, Dec 4, 2012.

1. punit328

punit328 Active Member

694 Messages
    31 Likes Received
  2. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As a quarterback, he sucks.

As a human being, he's inspirational. The world needs, but doesn't necessarily deserve, more Tim Tebows.
  3. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Too true.
  4. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

939 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    I'll state this in a positive way: Personally he is a lot like Kurt Warner.

On the field, I wish he was a lot more like Kurt Warner.

Then there would be a lot less controversy on Tebow.
  5. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,322 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Funny, every time the kid has been given extended playing time his teams have won. That fact cannot be debated. People try hard to explain it away, and they have every right to try and do that, but that fact of what I've just said is undebatable.

I personally think people have been unfair in their judgment of him as a QB. He is unconventional, I won't deny that. A team would have to design an offense around what he does best. But I still think a team could make him an effective starter.
  6. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,408 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    I agree that Tebow seems to be a good guy and the world could use many more like him. However, I'm not sure he is as much like Kurt Warner as everyone would believe.

Based solely on my perception, it seems like Kurt Warner is a very good person, who does the right thing because it is the right thing to do. I don't think he is doing the right thing to get patted on the back for it.

I'm not saying Tim Tebow is doing things solely to get patted on the back,but he sure seems to get a lot of media attention for doing the right thing. I'm not sure if that is a function of him just doing so much good that it doesn't go unnoticed, or if it is a function of him making sure that the world hears about it, but if it is the latter, then the notoriety he is receiving for doing those good deeds might be his "earthly reward" for doing those good deeds, if you know what I mean.
  7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,664 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    If you don't know it's true, why bring it up? Why question whether he's doing the right thing if you don't know?

Who cares if he doesn't it for the right or wrong reasons? We'll never know that. Let's just be glad that he's doing it.