1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

TLH:Pre-combine notes on dallas cowboys

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 23, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://thelandryhat.com/2012/02/23/quick-out-dead-zone-pre-combine-notes-on-the-dallas-cowboys/

5. NFL Regional Combines – One player I will be watching with some curiousity because he is such a long shot is Portland State’s Myles Wade. I read an article recently by Aaron Wilson of ScoutNFLNetwork.com about Wade. The 6-1, 310 pound defensive tackle has come through a ton of adversity to stay in college much less have a chance to play in the NFL. He was not invited to Indianapolis but had an impressive workout at the NFL Regional combine in Houston on February 4th and was invited to the super regional taking place at Ford Field in Detroit on March 30-31. NFL scouts and player personnel directors will attend the super regional and Wade has already been contacted by a few teams (not the Cowboys yet). At one time he was a highly sought after recruit with offers from D1 schools like Oregon, Oregon State, USC, and Florida but did not have the grades to make it through the NCAA clearinghouse. He ended up at Arizona Western College instead where he was voted a JC All American. He then went to Texas Tech but both his mother and his grandmother died while he was there and he decided to come home to help out his father. Everyone loves an underdog – would like to see things work out for this kid.

6. One To Watch - I’m reading some interesting pre-combine buzz on Amini Silatolu, a small school tackle out of Midwestern State (Wichita Falls, Texas). At 6-3, 320 pounds he is plenty big but will move to guard in the NFL. Don’t let the small school scare you – Jhari Evans, the Saints pro bowl guard came from Bloomsburg University for example - and Silatolu has been impressive in pre-combine workouts. There is some talk with an equally impressive combine he could work his way into the early rounds (Evans was a 4th round steal for the Saints in 2006). With the Cowboys need to strengthen their offensive line, he could be a great 3rd or 4th round pick up if they go defense with the first couple of picks as projected.
  2. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,111 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Silatolu is a one of my pet cats in this draft. He will be a major steal in the fourth.