1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

TLH: Scouting Report on Joseph Randle

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Oct 15, 2013.

1. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,875 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    With DeMarco Murray and Lance Dunbar both out next week, the Dallas Cowboys will turn to their fifth round rookie running back Joseph Randle to carry the load against the Philadelphia Eagles. And while Dallas has been somewhat successful in finding middle to late round steals at the running back position in the past few drafts, I have my reservations about Randle and how well he will perform in a starting role.

Joseph Randle was a 2013 5th round pick out of Oklahoma State who many at the time believed Dallas stole on draft day. He slipped in the draft in part because of a slow 40 yard dash time. While I don't believe one single run at an NFL combine defines how good or bad a player is going to be, it does give us reason to hesitate. Below is a chart of the Dallas Cowboys running backs currently on the roster and how they measure out:

[IMG]

Read the rest at: http://thelandryhat.com/2013/10/15/scouting-report-joseph-randle/
  2. Mookie

Mookie Active Member

231 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I have a good feeling about this, especially because Murray hasn't been all that good for us, in my opinion a bit overrated, apart from the Rams games, he is average at best.
    CowboyStar88 and Gameover like this.
  3. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,902 Messages
    867 Likes Received
    I'm more worried about the young guys picking up the blitz. Murray is pretty good at it and we all know Garrett will go pass happy at some point during the game.

Can you trust them to recognize and pick up the blitz?
    CowboyFan4Eva and percyhoward like this.
  4. DanTanna

DanTanna Original Zone Member Zone Supporter

2,117 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    He's the tallest, skinniest, slowest and least quick RB we have. I always root for the underdog! :)
    khiladi, tommydo08, BAT and 1 other person like this.
  5. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

537 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    What if..his slow 40 allows him to hit the hole at the right time. Making it seem like he's patient and has great vision lol
    khiladi and Gameover like this.
  6. BHendri5

BHendri5 Active Member

3,142 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    He is faster than that recorded time. There are days that you do not run well. Randle is faster than a 4.6
    Ky31 likes this.
  7. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,686 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    When i watched him in preseason I saw a guy that has a nice sidestep to avoid tackles - He looks good catching the ball too. Im excited to see what he can do this week.
    1LoyalCowboyFan and CowboyStar88 like this.
  8. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,390 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Buy a clue. Who calls the plays?!
    brymatt94 likes this.
  9. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,390 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Exactly...with the least experience and poorest blocking skills.
  10. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,332 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    I knew this was crap as soon as I saw that it said DeMarco Murray was faster than Lance Dunbar. Murry is not fast.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  11. kTXe

kTXe On To The Next One

1,487 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Murray ran a 4.41?? He doesn't play anywhere near that fast.

EDIT: starfrombirth beat me to it.
    AmishCowboy likes this.
  12. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,480 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Man so many of our fans underrate Demarco.
    khiladi and danielofthesaints like this.
  13. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,536 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    more tend to overrate him.
    AmishCowboy and CowboyStar88 like this.
  14. jobberone

jobberone Orangutan for hire; blues and southern rock Staff Member

33,385 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received
    I agree but he needs to stay on the field and still play well.
  15. Wonderboyromo

Wonderboyromo Active Member

1,090 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Murray has been a little disappointing to me this year. He does look oddly slow when hitting the holes, and doesn't appear to have great vision. I don't think our line has done a great job for him, though.
  16. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,332 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    have you seen so the whole she gets to run through? I could run through those holes and I'm 46 and have for blown disc
    DuceizBak likes this.
  17. ftghb

ftghb Active Member

134 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    demarco murray is a bit overrated particularly, outside of dallas. They see the big numbers he is capable of putting up and assume that the playcalling is to blame. However, nothing about joseph randle's measurables suggests he's going to be any sort of an upgrade.
  18. 44cowboys22

44cowboys22 Member

185 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Don't sell Randle short. ... Kid can play withe best of them. I watched him flat out play at OSU..... Think Dez type of talent really!
  19. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    "You know guys, I really like this starfrombirth fella. Cowboys picked him right off the street and he plays just like a champ, After we analyze the footage, look how he analyzes his blocking situation and picks the best hole. Just last week this guy was giving people change back out of his fanny pack and watching grand kids, what a pleasure it is to watch this guy play, I gotta tell ya Mike"
  20. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,857 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    It was Randle's first NFL game and I'm sure they told him to just take what was there and protect the ball. I'm not concerned that he doesn't look like Lesean McCoy at this point in his career.