1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

TNF: Jaguars vs Colts

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 8, 2012.

1. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mayock just said 'protected species' :laugh2:
  2. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,719 Messages
    1,031 Likes Received
    This is my first time seeing Laurent Robinson play for the Jags. Definitely a product of Romo and the other WRs the other defenses focused on.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,239 Messages
    7,067 Likes Received
    Too bad Sean Lee didn't get that call in Seattle...
  4. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jags are in rough shape!
  5. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Why was the commish there? To talk their owner into moving to LA?
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are you out of your damn mind? You're talking about one of the greatest pass rushers of all time in DeMarcus Ware, one of the greatest tight ends in Jason Witten, and a terrific albeit struggling quarterback in Tony Romo. You seriously wouldn't trade Luck for that? That's just ridiculous to turn down an offer that includes terrific players like that would without question improve your football team.

Good grief Luck is getting overrated and for what because he beat a couple of bad teams? He beat one good team this season in the Packers, but that was over a month ago when they were struggling. These last few weeks have all been against subpar teams in Cleveland, Tennessee, Miami, and today Jacksonville. Overall on the season Luck has been average at best. Only 10 touchdown passes, 8 picks, and a very mediocre 79 QB rating. He's also completing 56 percent of his passes which is terrible. Not impressed at all.

Give me Robert Griffin III over Luck any day of the week. Griffin has been far better than Luck. 8 touchdown passes to only 3 interceptions. A quarterback rating of 93. He's completing 65 percent of his passes. He also has 6 rushing touchdowns. He's a very versatile quarterback. Not just a runner also a terrific pocket passer.
  7. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,088 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    damn, Indy fans are lucky as hell to go from Payton to Luck
  8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    He looks pretty polished to me. All they can do is play the games on their schedule & what are they? 6-3 on what was supposed to be a down year. seems they are winning the games they should be.

Meh on the overrated stuff. He has that offense playing well..his receivers believe in him & the team is rallying around their sick coach.

So they went from one of the best ever to a kid that looks to be as good as advertised.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received

Without question. I'd do it in a heartbeat and never think twice about it.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    So why hasn't someone else been this years Robinson?
  11. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,611 Messages
    2,172 Likes Received
    Well, Romo and Witten have reached their peak and Ware isn't far behind. It would be tough to pass on a QB who should be a staple for the next 12 years. Adding in the #1 pick is a bit much tho.

Romo, Witten and a #1, I would do it in a heartbeat. Luck is going to be a great one as long as he stays healthy and he is much better than RG3.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How is Luck much better than Griffin? You keep saying that yet give no explanation why. I just posted the stats and it's not even a contest who's the better quarterback right now. It's Griffin. He's been far more accurate, less turnovers, and far more total touchdowns. As for the trade it'd be a stupid one because you'd be downgrading at two key positions. If Witten is gone who is the guy Luck can trust to throw to besides Austin? Who rushes the pass rusher consistently? That's one of the worst trade suggestions I've ever seen in my life.
  13. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,719 Messages
    1,031 Likes Received
    Because Robinson is a little more talented than what we have here right now. But definitely not talented enough to warrant the contract he got and to be a featured WR. Ogeltree has the potential and showed it against the Giants but mentally, he's just not there. It shows signs of flashes here and there at times.

My thing wasn't that anyone can do what Robinson did here. My point was Robinson benefited heavily from his situation and looked better than what he really is. Most knew that. Happens all the times in sports, especially the NBA.
  14. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,611 Messages
    2,172 Likes Received
    I don't keep saying that, I said it once for the record. Stats do not tell all, both are in different offenses. RG3 throws a lot of short passes which will boost the % and his offense is styled all around him. Robert is playing well, especially for a rookie but when it comes to mechanics, Luck has the definite edge over him.

To be honest, I have only seen a few RG3 pro games and some college, but I live 15 miles from Stanford. I got the opportunity to see Luck play a lot and he is the best prospect I have seen in awhile. He seems to have it all.

RG3 is very similar to Cam's first season, it generally takes defenses longer to adjust to mobile QB's. I expect RG3 to go through the same sophomore slump that Cam is going through. Now for Luck, I don't see it happening, think he only gets better and better each season.

As of right now, RG does have the better stats but cream always rises to the top and I think Luck will be decisively better at the end of their careers. Of course there are variables that can come into play that affects their play, but I have no doubt Luck ends out on top.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    The Colts will win a Superbowl with Luck long before the Redskins even compete for an NFC Championship appearance.

That's the difference between Luck and Griffin.
  16. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,158 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    :laugh1::laugh2::laugh1::laugh2::laugh1::laugh2:

Please tell me you were just being facetious. If not, still say you are so you can save face.

You're basing your opinion on a player with QB%, # of TOs, and # of TDs? I bet you also compare baseball players with batting avg., # of HRs, and RBIs. Or NBA players with ppg, FG%, and 3PM.:laugh1::laugh2::laugh1:
  17. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

785 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Luck's way will be easier than RG3's way in a few years

Brady and Peyton will retire. Big Ben will lose his mobility etc. Luck will probably be the best QB in AFC in a few years. Since his salary is low for the next 4 years, Colts can build a nice team around him.

RG3 on the other hand is in a tougher conference in NFC.

Rodgers and Brees will be around for a while. Also with Eli and Romo RG3's division games won't be that easy.
  18. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    Actually he stayed for his red shirt junior season. He could have returned to Stanford this year as a senior. Or Texas, but they never even tried to recruit him. :D
  19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    It shows just how horrible Curtis Painter is/was? And the Colts kind of new it at the time. That is why they scrambled to bring in Kerry Collins last year.

The Colts have also played the weakest part of their schedule. Things should get tougher for them.

Luck is good and barring injuries will be good for a long time.
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Actually Luck has 5 rushing TDs on the year, taking his total to 15 versus RG3s total of 14.

And Luck leads the league in passing yards right now.

More turnover, sure.

He also has more wins and he's been playing really well over the last few games whereas RG3 hasn't been playing as well as he was in previous games.

Probably more importantly, Luck has actually been playing QB not just game manager.

RG3 has been great but Luck hasn't been simply managing the game.

RG3 has 1993 passing yards, 1011 of which have come after the catch. 50.73%

Luck has 2631 passing yards, 849 of which have come after the catch. 32.27%

And Luck has the 4th highest Total QBR.

The fact that you didn't even know that Luck has almost as many rushing TDs as RG3 pretty much says you haven't watched him play. You likely haven't even watched RG3 play either.