1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

To beat the dead skins

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by nalam, Dec 29, 2012.

1. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,697 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    I couldn't have said it better

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/12/29/3815074/cowboys-redskins-five-keys-to-victory-for-dallas

Bend but don't break: To illustrate this point, I'd like to look at Dallas' last two games. The 562 yards Dallas gave up against New Orleans were the most since they yielded 583 yards to the Houston Oilers' run-and-shoot back in in 1991. The Saints averaged 8.41 yards per passing attempt. But wait; one week earlier, the Steelers offense passed even more successfully, at an 8.47 clip. The key difference was that the Cowboys couldn't get New Orleans off the field; the Saints converted eleven third downs. Pittsburgh, on the other hand, converted only five third down opportunities. Although they move the ball rather easily, the Steelers had drives of 21, 36 and 37 yards fizzle out when various Cowboys, from DeMarcus Ware to Alex Albright, make key third down plays. If they are to beat Washington, Dallas will need individual players to step up on third downs.
  2. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They are going to move the ball fairly easy on us, but we just need to make some plays when it counts.
  3. Fmart322

Fmart322 Well-Known Member

1,072 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    The redskins are where they are partly because they don't turn the ball over. I doubt we get any tonight because this team rarely gets turnovers so we better bend and not break.
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,463 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    some big turnover needs to happen in this game. either a strip sack, drop turnover, or a deflection turning into a pick.
  5. WilmingtonHeel

WilmingtonHeel Member

910 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We have to be unconvental on 1st down to get them in 3rd and long. Maybe the law of averages catches up with them and they put the ball on the ground 3 or 4 times. Murray needs 20+ carries, and we have to win special teams