1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

To rebut rumors, Palin says daughter, 17, pregnant

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 1, 2008.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,456 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    By Steve Holland
    52 minutes ago

ST. PAUL (Reuters) - The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said on Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

ADVERTISEMENT

Bristol Palin, one of Alaska Gov. Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

Bristol Palin made the decision on her own to keep the baby, McCain aides said.

"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us," the Palins' statement said.

"Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support," the Palins said.

The Palins asked the news media to respect the young couple's privacy.

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media, respect our daughter and Levi's privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates," the statement concluded.

MCCAIN KNEW

Senior McCain campaign officials said McCain knew of the daughter's pregnancy when he selected Palin last week as his vice presidential running mate, deciding that it did not disqualify the 44-year-old governor in any way.

In the short period since she was announced last Friday, Palin has helped to energize the Republican Party's conservative base, giving the McCain camp fresh energy going into the campaign for the November 4 election against Democrat Barack Obama.

McCain officials said the news of the daughter's pregnancy was being released to rebut what one aide called "mud-slinging and lies" circulating on liberal blog sites.

According to these rumors, Sarah Palin had faked a pregnancy and pretended to have given birth in May to her fifth child, a son named Trig who has Down syndrome. The rumor was that Trig was actually Bristol Palin's child and that Sarah Palin was the grandmother.

A senior McCain campaign official said the McCain camp was appalled that these rumors had not only been spread around liberal blog sites and partisan Democrats, but also were the subject of heightened interest from mainstream news media.

"The despicable rumors that have been spread by liberal blogs, some even with Barack Obama's name in them, is a real anchor around the Democratic ticket, pulling them down in the mud in a way that certainly juxtaposes themselves against their 'campaign of change,"' a senior aide said.

(Editing by Howard Goller)
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,594 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    Change!
  3. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I will be curious as to how the MSM, MSNBC, and the Oboma campaign handle this. I can't imagine the Daily Kos will be taken to task.

:cool:
  4. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,914 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    MSM? what do Men having Sex with Men have anything to do with this?
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,223 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    You will NEVER see Obama saying anything nasty about Daily Kos or MOVE ON or any of those garbage sites. He might say something vague, but he will NEVER name them. Book it.
  6. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,707 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    WOW! She is being punished with a baby. I wonder if Barry O. has sent a condolence note yet? Imagine the horror of having a baby and not killing it. She should chop up that little baby or burn it out, whatever the in thing for the kids to do with their babies today.
  7. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,438 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  8. VietCowboy

2,914 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yep, she f'd up. The kids gonna be labeled a "bastad" since it was conceived out of wedlock. The horrors. the shame.
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which one of you guys is responsible?
  10. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,906 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    *hangs head*
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just do what any other responsible man would do. Split town.
  12. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

"WE'RE GOIN TA WASHINTON!"
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,641 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Dude, could you hook me up with her mom?
  14. BigDFan5

14,906 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Family photo gimme??
  15. VietCowboy

2,914 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm sure us Libs would love that. apparently we love slandering and we are the only ones that do that. Dang we love being dirty cheaters, liars, and complainers.
  16. BigDFan5

14,906 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Who you think I am trying to work up too?
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I wonder what the far righties and their abstinence beliefs think?

17 and pregnant. She has a mom and a Dad at home so they cant blame it on gay marriage or adoption or anything.

maybe that household has something against birth control!!!

Do you think her favorite movie is Juno!!!

I am only kidding of course. Imagine if obama had a 17 year old daughter pregnant. The religious righties would be having a field day. So this story should be fun to watch everyone go crazy.
  18. VietCowboy

2,914 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    nah, they are so proud of her because she didn't have an abortion. Just like they are proud of Jamie Spears.
  19. BigDFan5

14,906 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I think it shows Bristol had a lapse in judgment at the least. As a parent I know you can teach your kids the right things all their life that does not mean when the time comes they will make the right decision. She made a poor choice and will now take responsibility and have a child. IMO this does nothing to hurt Palin with supporters because it was not Sarah who made the wrong choice.

I do however look forward to the Libs trying to say Palin is a bad mother because that will blow up in their faces big time
  20. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    John Edwards' gotta be mixed up in this, somehow.