1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tom Jackson: Romo is worst QB in the NFL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MegaMagick, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,812 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Yes. Classic Cowboys haters that just can't help themselves. That's why I enjoy NFLN much more than anything on ESPN with regard to NFL football. Marshall can occasionally get a little tilted by even he is level headed enough to give open honest credit whenever it is due.
  2. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Tom Jackson is as dumb as they come for saying this.
  3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,858 Messages
    1,003 Likes Received
    You can't be serious. And I can't stress enough that i'm a Romo fan and I do think his stats are far worse than he's actually played but Romo is not playing good football. You can bring up guys like Matt Cassell and what not but Matt Cassell doesn't play with nearly the same arsenal that Romo does.

Technically you can probably find a few qb's who have been worse. But Romo has hurt this team this year and there's no reason to make excuses for him. He won't keep this up all year but as of right now? Out of guys who are actually legit qb's in this league? He's been the worst.
  4. rocyaice

6,858 Messages
    1,003 Likes Received
    Oh wow. Its the opposite to me. I just can only take so much of Rod Woodson, Marshall Faulk and co. having grudges against us.

At the end of the day Cowboys have given no one any reason to even give them any credit this season or these past couple of seasons. You can't say good things about teams playing bad.
  5. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,367 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    What a lot of fans don't understand is that a great player can have a bad year, and yes, an up and down year is a bad year for a great player, and no matter what the weaknesses are around him, a great QB doesn't get a free ride for a poor year. Even more is expected from a great QB.

Tony Romo is a franchise QB to me. He is currently having a poor year, and his rating and TD/INT ratio and lack of big plays, along with the team record supports that.

However, the year isn't half way played; there's still time for Tony to pull it together and play the hand he has the best it can be played.

Regardless, even if he ends up with more turnovers than TDs for the season, you do not give up on a great player over a bad year. I am still amazed by the free pass Ware is receiving for a subpar season, considering the improved coverage. He has been invisible in our close losses...he gets his speed rush sacks, but runs himself out of plays so often that he gets almost no batted balls or QB knockdowns.

We need better performances from our stars like Romo and Ware, and if we get them, this season can be turned around.
  6. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

Romo has had 2 bad years:banghead:

2012 in progress

Out of 6 years
  7. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,367 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    I don't think most folks would consider last year a bad year for Tony. You can point to a couple of losses where you wonder what he was thinking, like Jets and Lions, but it wasn't a poor year. So far this year it's hard to find a complete game where he's played well.
  8. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,482 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    Romo had a very good year last year (following the Lions fiasco). I am not sure what you are talking about there. He's played liked poop so far this year, but you have to admit he hasn't gotten a lot of help. :rolleyes:
  9. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    I guess he didnt watch Weeden play.
  10. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

UM, when your team is not in the playoffs it's a bad year. You didn't know that?
  11. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    The worst eh?

I can name some that our worse. Fitzpatrick, Gabbert, Palmer, Vick, Bradford, Dalton, Sanchez, Cassel. I probably could name some more.
  12. Stinger_Splash

Stinger_Splash Active Member

421 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    I want Dallas to win every game, but I'm not blind to the fact we have a terrible QB.
    Excuses as always bro. I will never understand it.
  13. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

I don't want to hear he had a good year because he gave away 2 games that stopped them from making the playoffs
  14. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,017 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    It's funny how things can change in half a season

a few months back people where comparing Romo to the likes of Rodgers, Brady and Brees. Now it's "at least he's better then Weeden" :laugh2:
  15. rocyaice

6,858 Messages
    1,003 Likes Received
    None of them has committed as many turnovers as Romo though. And not only that no one has hurt their team more.
  16. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,482 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    Then you are a blind hater. Any one QB can have a couple of bad games a season. Other than those two games, he had a good year; didn't throw a lot of INTs and was generally pretty productive. This year they took away his favorite and best wide receiver and gave him Kevin Ogletree instead, along with a #1 draft pick WR in his third year that actually seems to be regressing.
  17. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

How was he compared to Rodgers, Brady, and Brees with 1 playoff win?

I;m confused
  18. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,929 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Did you know it's a team game?
  19. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    I see Romo as a top 10 QB, but far behind in terms of quality from the top 4 (Brees, Rodgers, Brady and Peyton).
    I just been watching Browns Ravens game and had to throw that comment, Weeden is absolute trash.
  20. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

I know QB's can have a bad game, but Romo has a had a BAD SEASON 2 times. No Franchise QB should ever have a bad season more than once.