1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: Tony Romo Interview on "105.3 The Fan"...Audio Post #7

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DFWJC, May 21, 2014.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,548 Messages
    3,396 Likes Received
    I like the "unfiltered" Romo. Too often we get the canned and diluted Romo. These occasional interviews remind us why we like the guy.
  2. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    Thanks for the work on that, great recap.

I want Tony to get a ring as badly as I wanted Dirk to get a ring.
    FuzzyLumpkins likes this.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,641 Messages
    3,564 Likes Received
    He definitely made a conscious decision to go into a shell about 3 or 4 years ago.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,587 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    Don't know how you can't like this guy. Hopefully we're finally going to put a team around him that has the same emotion and attitude about this franchise instead of collecting a paycheck like the Marion Barbers of the world.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,641 Messages
    3,564 Likes Received
    News flash bro, it's 2014. Marion Barber and the rest of the scapegoats are all gone.

I don't know how guys like yourself can still make comments like this about the personnel yet, out the other side of your mouth, claim "culture change" accolades for Garrett. Can't have it both ways.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,548 Messages
    3,396 Likes Received
    I'd say about 6 or 7, but the point remains the same.
  7. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

802 Messages
    312 Likes Received
    This. I hope he goes on to be a hc
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,901 Messages
    1,658 Likes Received
    Yeah.
    It was the crucifixion he got for the comment regarding there being worse things in life (hint..his dad's cancer) than losing a football game.
    Aikman told him even though he was 1000% right! Joe Bubba (low IQ) fan does not want to here that and maybe he should take stoic Aikman 101 class.
    He's starting to open up some publicly after all this time, but it was a lesson.
    tecolote likes this.
  9. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,211 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    I see what you did there.
    BulletBob likes this.
  10. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,125 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    Aka, he talked to Aikman. ;)
  11. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,646 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Question is.....what is a Romo friendly offense? We saw over the past few years the over reliance on Romo's by our head coach/coordinators. Will that change? Or do they think giving him an extra 1/2 second is Romo friendly? 2 TEs? 3 WRs?

To me personally a Romo friendly offense is one that he DOES NOT throw the ball more than 30 x per game. In fact, like Parcell says you need to protect Romo from himself. It should be a run dominated offense with Romo sprinkled into it. I don't care if you got 9 man fronts but WE ARE RUNNING RIGHT AT YOU! Then pass action becomes so deadly with Romo that team will be afraid to stack the line.
    Big D likes this.
  12. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,156 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    People forget how much of a jokester this guy used to be to the media.

I'll never forget the video posted on dc.com in 2007 after we beat the Dolphins. He was asked to sum up the game in 1 word or 1 sentence.

His response: "Slut".

Reporter: "What?"

Romo: "I don't know, we won."
  13. DFWJC

21,901 Messages
    1,658 Likes Received
    Lol

Got me
    BulletBob and Section444 like this.
  14. DFWJC

21,901 Messages
    1,658 Likes Received
    I agree. A romo friendly offense has a run game you can lean on and pass protection you can count on. I'd say they are getting there, so no real excuses from the offense.

The defense just needs to advance some too.
  15. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,519 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    There are plenty of other Romo/Cowboys-hate threads to post in, so I'm highly recommending you avoid posting that stuff in this thread if you want to keep your access to this site. One and only warning.
    jobberone and DFWJC like this.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,315 Messages
    2,873 Likes Received
    I miss those old Romo interviews where he spoke from the heart. Anymore I would prefer a different player get interviewed because I already know what Romo is going to say.
  17. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,590 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    There are 90 guys on this roster now. When the QB singles out a D-lineman (Crawford) for praise, I think it merits notice. Remember when Jimmy Johnson, told the media that he sometimes talks to his players through them? I think this is Romo telling the other guys they need to work as hard as Crawford does. Oh wait, ...couldn't be that, that would be something a team leader would do and I've read hundreds of posts that Romo is not a leader.....
  18. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,103 Messages
    795 Likes Received
    Zordon doesn't dislike Tony as a person. In Fact he likes Tony as a football talent and a player. Zordon like many fans have lost faith in some of the decision making at times, and all the jokes that are made about Romo. I myself would love to believe again as I'm sure Zordon would as well. JMO
    Ntegrase96 and randy932 like this.
  19. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,103 Messages
    795 Likes Received
    Still is awe at the love that overrated RB got here. SMH
    casmith07 likes this.
  20. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    As a story and person he is A1, just want to see him get smarter in big moments.