1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Romo is going to be extended...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dragon_mikal, Dec 31, 2012.

1. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,517 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    I don't know the answer, but of all these "elimination" games Romo has lost, how many can be attributed to poor line play? I would say that last nights loss for the most part cannot be attributed to the OL play. I am not saying it's not a contributing factor overall, but I wonder if it has much to do in these crucial games that Romo is struggling with.
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,523 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    The skins were almost 50% on third down and they ran for 274 yards. THey didn't freaking stop a damn thing.

LEarn the game, Baddie.

Though I agree, Romo stunk the joint up. But I hate people like you that have to put ALL the blame on ONE SINGLE ASPECT of the team. The defense stunk, the OL stunk, Romo stunk, etc... it was a team effort of stinking.

But I still say you need to learn the game, Baddie.
  3. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Go back and watch the 44-6, the Viking playoff loss, the Giant game from last season and the game from last night. Whats in common here? Romo getting plastered into the turf and a coordinator thats out of ideas.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,027 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Exactly... I agree 100% The defense actually held them to less points than any other team had and came up with the critical stop at the end and once again Romo does what he normally does in do or die games.... Dies!
  5. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Extending Romo will guarantee 8-8 or worse seasons for the next four years. We will never win a championship with Turnover Tony. He always chokes in the big game at the end of the year.

Dallas needs to draft a good young QB very very soon. Orton could get this team to 8-8....why pay Romo 14M next year and beyond for below average performance. Spend the money on a young draft pick QB and offensive line.
  6. elcocinero

elcocinero Member

482 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    We need to stock up in the trenches. Focus the draft on the O-Line and the D-Line. We have a solid foundation at QB, RB, WR, TE, CB, and LB. But, the two lines flat out suck. Thats how you get from 8 wins to 10 plus.
  7. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,332 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    then they deserve 8-8 and no playoffs for many more years to come.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,659 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    What's the difference between winning 6 games and winning 8 games ???
  9. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Extend Romo for 2 years
    Trade a 4th rounder to Washington for Cousins
    Groom Cousins for 1-2 years.

Let Romo walk..

Cousins is the future.

Dream scenario..
  10. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,659 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Skins won't let Cousins go for a 4th rounder. Dream about a Playmate or something else.
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,795 Messages
    2,624 Likes Received
    Come to grips with it? I'll applaud when it happens.
  12. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,031 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    This team is 4-12 with Kyle freakin' Orton. Jeez.
  13. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,027 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    This makes too much sense so of course they'll go in the opposite direction.
  14. Disturbed

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received

Fine. Then we get very high draft picks to resolve the "team" talent level to get better...stop deluding ourselves the team is better than it is... And maybe even draft a good young QB who can grow and win a championship.
  15. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,997 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    2 games.
  16. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    3rd?

What do you think it would take?
  17. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,828 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    I hope he gets extended. I also hope we draft and groom his replacement. I will take 8-8, 9-7 rebuilding than 5-11 rebuilding. The draft spots are not a concern because we would need to go 2-14 or worse to get in the top three.
  18. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,524 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    I don't have a problem with this, he needs a line that will allow him an oppurtunity to not make those mistakes. Circa 2007, I think he can do it if given the right pieces, I still don't think he is better than Eli but he is good enough.
  19. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,031 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    I agree that a young quarterback needs to be drafted but the sad reality is that Jerry Jones isn't capable of doing so. He was lost after Aikman left and without Parcells and Payton seeing something in Romo this team would still be looking for a capable replacement.

No...what has doomed this team is Jerry Jones' utter lack of commitment to the offense and defensive lines and his lack of respect for the HC position. The man truly believes that you can win a SB no matter who is on the sidelines because he saw Switzer do it with Jimmy's football team.

A change of philosophy at the top is needed first before this team will see success. I just don't know if that will ever happen.
  20. Disturbed

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received

Well, isn't that a Happy New Year to all of us.