1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Romo, Jordan Spieth pair up at Pebble Beach *Finished 3rd overall at -29*

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 6, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,326 Messages
    3,193 Likes Received
    Can't find any info on individual scores at the moment.

But based on what Dolly said, sounds like he did pretty good.
  2. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,292 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Did Robert Griffin show up to console him?
  3. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,666 Messages
    1,092 Likes Received
    No...he's getting brand new titanium knees.

:rolleyes:
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,685 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    You mean celebrate with him for finishing the highest he ever has at Pebble Beach?
  5. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,539 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I watched some of the tourney on TV. His team was 29 under par and Tony's game alone counted for 21 under par. If he had been paired with any of the top 10 finishers he would have won. The pro he was paired with finished in a tie for 22nd. One of the co-champion celebrities was paired with the tournament winner, Snedeker (sp).

In other words, Tony was fantastic.
  6. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You can't say that the way the pro-am tournament is scored. You'd have to compare scorecards to see where Romo helped his team vs. where he wouldn't have helped if paired with another pro. There's a chance that scores would have canceled each other.
  7. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,511 Messages
    979 Likes Received
    While true, with how poorly Tony's partner scored by himself, it's probably a safe bet that he didn't have Romo picking a lot of his balls up.
  8. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,708 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    ...it is quite obvious from the score that he wasn't a total waste of time. They were in third place!

From that you can infer that Tony did his part as the Am on the Pro/Am team. Typically the Pro laments the partner he gets, but I don't think it was the situation in this case.
  9. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,578 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    It is important to remember the amateur's are handicapped and since Romo is scratch he does not get any strokes. He played very well and definitely was a big reason they were in contention.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,685 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    That's right.
    Usually the winning team has an amatuer that has a handicap way higher tan TR's. He had a great week and more importantly, it sounds like it was a good event overall.
  11. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Let's not not spare the thin-skinned haters by gently beating around the bush--we might as well speak the truth:

Tony utterly dominated. Romo completely kicked .
  12. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,361 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Good for Tony! I'm happy for him.
    BTW, I hate Romo-haters.
  13. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Romo played very, very well.

What I was saying was that you could not extrapolate scores based on comparing the pros scores. One would have to compare Romo's scorecard to other pros to see which holes he would have helped on.
  14. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Had he been paired with a better pro, he would have choked under the pressure.

Being paired with a bum allowed him to play loose, no pressure.
  15. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

thanks, your contributions to this thread are invaluable :rolleyes:
  16. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,708 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    ...this seems to be very loosely interpreted.

What evidence do you have of his partner being a "bum"? Somehow this "failing" QB and "bum" made it to first place then finished in third.

If I could always have this kind of perfomance from the "bums" on my youth football teams I would be very happy.
  17. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,578 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    When Tony and Tiger were paired together, Romo shot a better final round than Tiger. That is straight up scoring too.
  18. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Maybe Hollywood Henderson was right!
  19. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,584 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    do you have a problem?

I asked a simple question, because I am interested in seeing how well he did.

For the record, I am not now, nor have I ever been a Tony basher or one of these Anti-Romo posters. I have been a Romosexual since he took over for Bledsoe. However, that Skins game to end the season really was like a huge kick to my manhood, and for the first time, I felt as if I could no longer defend him. Still, he is our QB, and I will continue to root for him.

Now, enough of the foolishness.
  20. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,326 Messages
    3,193 Likes Received
    Cowboys' Tony Romo, Dallas' Jordan Spieth lose lead in final day of Pebble Beach Pro-Am, finish third

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. — Tony Romo was doing his post-round interviews Sunday at Pebble Beach Golf Links when Nick Faldo came bounding over from the television tower overlooking the 18th green.

Faldo put his hand across Romo’s neck and pushed his head up, apparently referencing a tip he had given the Cowboys quarterback.

“Did it work,” Faldo asked. “See? See?”

Romo answered, “Did you see 17? Take a peek.”

Faldo, rushing to get back to the tower before the end of a commercial break replied, “It was on TV live!”

At No. 17, a famed hole that has ruined as many potential champions as it has crowned, Romo sank a tricky 15-foot putt for a birdie.

Although their team score of 68 Sunday didn’t reflect it, Spieth and Romo both played well.

Said Romo: “You’ve got to get it in the hole sometimes, and we just missed our opportunities. … You’ve got to make some putts to go low.”

Read more: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/go...l-day-of-pebble-beach-pro-am-finish-third.ece