1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Romo playing indoor soccer

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rat2k8, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,245 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    Don't care about his soccer, I care about him learning how to play football under pressure conditions. That is all.
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,110 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received
  3. Beast_from_East

15,110 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received
    Doubt it.

The guys are probably to busy talking about Peyton just having his "6th one and done" appearence in the playoffs.
  4. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    What? Nothing better than this.
  5. Beast_from_East

15,110 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received

I was referring to staying in shape. I would rather have my QB playing soccer than being a couch potato. Now for the rest of us, yea, bring on the beer and chips!!!!!
  6. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,599 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    Ahhh, jack of all trades.....
  7. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    noshame is a good name.

that's what it takes to imply a guy that made it to the highest level of competivitve play, yet has not mastered it.

no shame. although no sense would produce the same results. :)
  8. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,713 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    My only concern is an injury that hinders his real job.

But, with that said. The man is free to do whatever the hell he wants. It's his life.

I see no problem with him playing soccer. Or. whatever else he does in the offseason..

Course, would be better if it WASN'T the offseason for the team right now. :bang2:
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,449 Likes Received
    I love the fact he stays competitive during the off season and stays in condition. He could be a strip clubs making it rain, go out getting drunk and arrested or any number of things that harm himself and the Cowboys. Being active during the off season? I wish more would do so.
  10. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,526 Messages
    191 Likes Received
  11. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,091 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    He can't though.. and he has already proven that. We will keep him until he completely falls apart and can't play anymore though... just to show Jerry's loyalty to him. Meanwhile other teams in the league will be getting there Russell Wilson's, RG3's, Luck's, Dalton's, Kaepernick's, etc.
  12. ufcrules1

7,091 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Yeah, he is a wonderful guy off the field.. NOBODY can deny that. It's on the field that I care about though. There, he has proven himself to be nothing more than fools gold.
  13. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,449 Likes Received
    That is your opinion. Others who cover the NFL know Romo has the skills people like Aikman people who actually know something about the game and the postion seem to have a different take. You feel different well good for you. You think you know what it takes to do the job to do what is being asked of Romo you don't know Jack.

You want to believe it is all about the QB it isn't but you can't seem to figure it out you can't seem to understand that football is a team game and yes Romo makes mistakes so do the other QB's as they did this weekend with some bad ints and other mistakes but an overall team was there to help them pull the games out they did not do any of it alone.
  14. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,599 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    But you'll never hear them say he's accurate, or consistent, becuase he's not. It costs us games every year. Sure, I know, he plays strong in some games, and helps the team, well news flash, that's his job and QB's do it every weekend. It's like saying he shats the bed, but hey, it cleans up his own mess.:p:

We deserve better.
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,012 Messages
    728 Likes Received

Steve Young was 33 when he finally won his first and only Superbowl.

Joe Theismann was 33 when he finally won his first and only Superbowl.

Phil Simms was 32 when he won his first Superbowl.

Drew Brees was 31 when he won his first and only Superbowl.

Peyton Manning was 31 when he won his first and only Superbowl.

Roger Staubach was 32 when he won his first Superbowl.

John Elway was 37 when he won his first Superbowl.
  16. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,449 Likes Received
    News flash when other QB's make mistake their fricken defense shut the door. All QB''s make mistakes hell they did this weekend as well but as a team they over come mistakes. Romo is asked to make up plays on the fly because we can't seem to do our job up front. Brady have that problem? I don't think so all I heard in the Pats game was what a great job the OL was doing and how much time Brady had. that does not happen in Dallas. I see other teams defenses making the big stops after the turnover or getting the ball right back that too has not happened but then I guess that is Romo fault

At least in the eyes of the clueless who still think the game is played one on one by QB's. I don't excuse the mistakes Romo has made but I know from watching every team in the league other QB's will make mistakes the team as a whole need to step up to win not one man
  17. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,472 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Exactly, I'd rather know my QB is physically gifted and keeps in shape playing sports like golf, soccer, whatever. Basketball scares me a little more just because it seems knees and ankles are constantly being ruined, but I know Tony likes playing that too. The guy is just a natural athlete.

Athletes gonna ath. Or lete.
  18. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,686 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    :romothumbsup:
  19. ufcrules1

7,091 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Please don't compare Brady with Romo. Brady MAKES his team great and is one of the greatest QB's of all time. Romo is a joke of a QB who threw his team under the bus against the Redskins. Put Romo in a high pressure game and you simply can't count on him. We could have had Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick but unfortunately you and Jerry Jones think alike, so we will have Romo here until he quits or falls apart.. meanwhile being laughed at by the entire NFL.

The QB is a HUGE part of the team considering he has his hands on the ball during every single snap. We were playing against the 27th ranked defense in the league and Romo couldn't do squat against them. How do you think his teammates felt going through ANOTHER meltdown game by Romo? They can't count on him.
  20. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,686 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    :romothumbsup: