1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Too Long To Wait for the Next Cowboys Game, Must Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,903 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    Adding a Comp pick in the 6th for Stephen Bowen.

As always feel free to rip what you don't like.

1st round...Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska, 5'10", 205.
    He is very physical on the outside. Likes tackling. I find that highly important. Read somewhere that he asks his coaches to put him on the other team's big time WRs. I love that. I am convinced we have to fix this secondary.

2nd round...Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State, 6'1", 198.
    Has a nose for the football and gets to it to break up passes. If he gets his hands on it is a threat to take it back. Has good closing speed. Solid tackler.

3rd round...Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia, 5'10", 185. Is a top Return man in addition to his CB skills. I want a dedicated return player. I also want to send a message to the secondary. The soft play is not going to fly.

4th round...Nick Foles, QB, Arizona, 6'5", 240. Has the potential to be a starter in the NFL. Is accurate. Very smart and possesses a big arm. Plays almost exclusively in a shotgun so will have to be an early project. Is well worth the risk.

5th round...Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU, 6'4", 305.
    Had him in my last mock and it felt right. Is a RT in the NFL. Good depth. Could push Doug Free if Smith and he ever change sides. Is versatile and can also play Guard.

6th round...Juron Criner, WR, Arizona, 6'4", 215. I do not understand at all why this kid is rated so low. He is a steal in the 6th round.

Comp pick, 6th round...Rhett Ellison, TE, USC, 6'5", 250. I am convinced we are looking at TE depth again. This kid can play.

7th round...Joe Halahuni, FB, Oregon State, 6'2", 255. The illness of Fiammetta has me looking FB in the Draft again.

Let me know what you think.
  2. rockj7

rockj7 Active Member

850 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Can we strike gold with drafting a injured player I was thinking the DE from Nebraska who tore his peck, also Hos with the controversy of Suh will Vontez drop in the draft seeing that Vontez has been given a dirty player stigma (earned or unearned) ?
  3. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I like the fact you went Defense and went secondary but I would have liked it more if you went defense with all those picks

it has got to get fixed some how
  4. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    LOL, you stole my first 2 picks!! I'm also thinking you might could add Ray Ray in about the 4th now and get an o-line prospect in the 3rd.
  5. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seems like the scouts have spent a lot of time on the road looking at interior OL options that will go early.

Why no help there?

I'd love to take the 2 CB's and go OG in 2 (Barret Jones this year's Unger).
  6. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received

do you think Barret will come out - I don't when next year he will be at the top of heap

and no ISL help ?????????
  7. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,946 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Would like an interior guy in the first few rounds, although I can't really complain if we acquired any of the first four guys.
  8. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he will go early

Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 210.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
    Projected Round (2012): 2.

11/4/11: An appendectomy kept him out against Oklahoma State, and Arizona really missed him. Thus far in 2011, Criner has caught 47 passes for 559 yards and eight touchdowns in seven games. He has been consistent for his quarterback. Criner excels at jump balls downfield. He looks like a potential possession receiver in the NFL who could be a good red-zone weapon.

8/19/11: After considering going pro, Juron Criner decided to return for his senior season with the Wildcats. It was probably a good decision as some personal issues had some wondering if he would play in the 2011 season. Criner showed up for camp on time and allegedly was dealing with a family illness. Last season, he had a massive year for Arizona. Criner caught 82 passes for 1,233 yards and 11 touchdowns. He repeatedly bailed out quarterback Nick Foles on deep passes that were tossed up for grabs. Criner uses his size, body control, and leaping ability to come down with some big catches. There are faster receivers than Criner, but he provides good hands with a big target and still runs well.
  9. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We already drafted our ILB's.

Need some depth later.
  10. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've always liked Dennard, Hos. Nebraska is about the only college football I watch. Great player.
  11. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,903 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    Today I got to see Nick Foles surpass 10,000 yards on his UA career, and I saw Juron Criner add 2 more TDs for 32 on his career and a new UA record for receiving TDs.

Oh, and I got to boo the introduction of Rich Rodriguez.
  12. dasander

dasander Member

135 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I like your mock! After the Miami game I feel that the secondary will be our number one need that needs to be addressed in the offseason. I also feel like we NEED to draft a another quarterback to develop since Kitna leaves after this season. Only wish we could find a center somewhere, but you can't fix everything in one draft.

Is Markelle Martin the number 1 rated senior safety this year?
  13. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,742 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    we need guys that can cover at cb, safety and ILB (one of the main weaknesses on our defense).
  14. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,707 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    BAMA's Barron I believe.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,094 Messages
    4,435 Likes Received
    I take it you think the team will thinks that a year in the weight program and a full camp will benefit our young OGs we drafted last year and therefore go with the secondary in the draft.

I like the idea of going with the secondary in the draft. Newman is a ? as far as keeping him vs salary. Jenkins is oft injured. Ball should be gone. Then you have the idea of our starting safeties being on one year deals.

Arkin and Nagy might do well with a full offseason in the weight program and a full camp.

However I do hope we take a shot at a good center in the draft.

This is way too early for me to be talking draft. :D
  16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,972 Messages
    9,070 Likes Received
    I'm all about BPA in the draft but I would hate, Hate, HATE using our first three picks on the secondary.

This team's not good enough in the trenches yet.
  17. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So, I'm not the only one having nightmarish flashbacks to Gale Goodrich, Mario Edwards and Kareem Larrimore... :D

Yeah, I want to assign some priority to continuing to rebuild the offensive line... if you want to make your defense better, build an offense that controls the ball, keeps the opposing offenses off of the field...

To me, the secret to the Cowboys' success in the Jimmy Johnson glory days was perhaps the best offensive line in NFL history...
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,972 Messages
    9,070 Likes Received
    No question about it that as we continue to improve the offensive line our defense will benefit from it.

I don't want to say I'd be completely against three straight DB picks. Maybe that'll be the BPA each time we're up. But if this did play out, I'd be worried about our OL and even our DL.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Love the Markelle Martin pick. Hate not addressing the interior of the OL.
  20. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I like the Markelle Martin pick, but I think we should see if we can get Deunta Williams in as FA and use that pick on an interior olineman. Jerry should call up Butch and have him campaign for us...

I could live w/ the 1st rd cb pick, but again, I think I'd rather pick up a stud center. I realize our secondary could use some help, but I think the biggest help to our defense is to solidify our running game so we can keep the d off the field.