1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Too much skin in the game...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boys#1 95, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

564 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    When a hardcore Washington Redskins fan and a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan conceive a child, which team the baby will root for can lead to some heated discussions.

Redskins fan Emanuel Vega and his girlfriend Marissa Pena, a lifelong Cowboys fan, upped the ante.

From NFLShop.com:
    Robert Griffin III gear.

When the Redskins visited the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day, the couple decided the winner would get to name their future son. It would be Robert Griffin Vega if the Redskins won, Austin Miles Vega if the Cowboys took the holiday game.

"She didn't really disagree with that at all, but she started saying she would name it Troy Aikman or Emmitt Smith, all these old Cowboys," Vega told The Washington Post. "I would die if my son grew up to be a Cowboys fan. That'd be awful. I don't even know how I'd feel."

When the Redskins thwarted a furious Tony Romo comeback, Vega won the bet.

Robert Griffin Vega is due to enter the world in April. RGV has a nice ring to it.

"We've had bets before, where she would wear my Redskins sweater at work if they won," the 27-year-old Vega said. "But the name of our son? Determining what fan he would be? It was just insane that they won. That was even bigger than the division title."

Robert Griffin III has yet to comment on whether he is disappointed that his future grandson's initials -- RG5 -- have been usurped (Roman numerals jokes are fun).

Follow Kevin Patra on Twitter @kpatra.

wow.. sorry young man...:eek:
  2. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,034 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    absoutely ridiculous
  3. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,177 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    I thought for sure this thread was about Dez and a couple other Cowboys need to wear belts.
  4. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,177 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    It would be funny if the kid grew up to be a Cowboys fan just to spite his dad for naming him that. BTW, did anyone see the Romo double star jersey make an appearance on last weeks' Hawaii 5-0?
  5. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

903 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Ditto.
  6. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    More proof that you should have to pass a test to procreate.

Parenting in its lowest form.
  7. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,854 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  8. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,011 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    The title could have been:

Too much (Red)skin in the Game. :D
  9. ksadler1

ksadler1 Member

54 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Sounds to me like the Cowboys fan got screwed twice in this deal. That'll teach her for hanging around a scum of the earth Redskin fan.....
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,024 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    It will not be so bad ...... in 3 years and 4 knee surgeries ...... nobody will remember who that is.
  11. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    LOL @ hating a total stranger you've never met and who you never will and who has neither an direct nor indirect impact on your life and never will, just because they cheer for another team. That's some brainpower at work right there...
  12. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,034 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    it's funny you mention that because my girlfriend and I were just talking about this same topic a few nights ago. Without turning this thread into a debate about economics and moraility, I am just so tired of seeing unemployed people having multiple children and at times with multiple partners that they are unable to support which hurt taxpayers. I wish procreating wasn't so easy so we would have less neglected children, unwanted children, and stupid/irresponsible people who should not be having children to begin with.
  13. ksadler1

ksadler1 Member

54 Messages
    16 Likes Received

Actually, it was meant mostly as a joke, although I do hate the Redskins. But of course you knew that being soooo much smarter than most others.....
  14. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

872 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Just like his namesake, another foreskin will be shredded, sliced and hitting the ground soon.
  15. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,005 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Stupid people problems...
  16. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

3,913 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I am sure the child will be every bit as smart as the parents.
  17. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,868 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received
    Stupid is as stupid does (say that with a Forrest Gump voice)