1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Top 10: DC.com Staff Ranks QBs On Cowboys’ 2014 Schedule

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Jun 9, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

42,618 Messages
    6,468 Likes Received
    Top 10: DC.com Staff Ranks QBs On Cowboys’ 2014 Schedule
    Posted Jun 6, 2014

By DallasCowboys.com Report

IRVING, Texas
    – Last season, the Cowboys faced several of the elite quarterbacks in the NFL, including Peyton Manning and Drew Brees and were expected to play Aaron Rodgers as well.

Manning and Rodgers are not among this year’s quarterbacks on the Cowboys’ schedule, but there are plenty of other top-tier guys who will get their chance to face a defense that is looking to improve upon last season’s ranking of dead last in yards allowed.

So it’s not a list of the best quarterbacks in the league, but the best quarterbacks that the Cowboys will face in 2014.

The guys at Dallascowboys.com – Rowan Kavner, David Helman, Bryan Broaddus and Nick Eatman – composed the list, pinpointing only the 13 opponents on the schedule and, of course, Tony Romowas left out as well. But just for fun, see where you think he would rank among these quarterbacks. The consensus from the Cowboys’ staff writers had Romo among the top three.

[IMG]

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...chedule-/1914375a-4144-44bf-9467-91fe55f3bdf0
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

42,618 Messages
    6,468 Likes Received
    You have to visit the site to do the slide show.
  3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,893 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    Not a very impressive list to be honest. Brees and Luck are the only ones that scare me with their throwing ability. Kaepernick, Wilson, and RG3 have their legs to worry about, but overall, there's no reason the Cowboys can't compete with all of the teams QB'd by these guys.
  4. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,747 Messages
    1,418 Likes Received
    The Debbie Downers will disagree with you. Just because they can.
    casmith07 and thunderpimp91 like this.
  5. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

5,769 Messages
    1,071 Likes Received
    Kaep before Eli and Wilson oh come on.
  6. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Active Member

316 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    I have no issue with that. None of those guys are in the top tier of qbs. Honestly if anything I would drop Eli down a bit.
  7. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

10,307 Messages
    1,606 Likes Received
    eveeryone says our schedule is brutal...lol, that is the least impressive opposing top 10 qb list you will find for any team in the league
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  8. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,252 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    I hate those slide shows :( Just give me a list.
    waving monkey and Chocolate Lab like this.
  9. thunderpimp91

316 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    Did anyone even click the link?
  10. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,252 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    WEB-SENSED!
  11. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

5,769 Messages
    1,071 Likes Received
    I consider kaep on par or below RG3. I even have problem with Foles that high, I can see Brees as 1 luck as 2 maybe, eli 3, Wilson 4, Cutler 5, Foles 6, RG3 7, Kaep 8, Palmer 9, and Bortles 10
  12. thunderpimp91

316 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    I wont argue your list too much. I think no doubt you have to have Brees/Luck 1 and 2, Palmer/Bortles 9 and 10. #4-8 on your list you could make an argument for just about any order there. I'm just not that big on Eli. An aging QB coming off an atrocious season. Personally I would move him back, possibly just ahead of Palmer.
  13. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

28,222 Messages
    3,610 Likes Received
    Are you kidding me? We're a 5-11 team at best. Brees will throw for 800 yards.
  14. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    2,476 Likes Received
    Blake Bortles?
  15. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

8,298 Messages
    3,287 Likes Received
    Pretty laughable here. One QB "scares" me and that is Brees, two are mildy concerning in Wilson(plays smart and can run) and Keprnickel(luckily for them he can run). One more possible difficult task is Luck but he hasn't reached his prime yet. Bortles?? The dude hasn't even played a game yet and is in JAX. Eli has been an enigma and seems to play well against us, he would be my biggest concern from the East.

If SEA, SF and CHI didn't have defenses to rely on, I wouldn't be worried at all on which QB's we face. Cutler and Palmer can easily be beaten, as well as RGKnee and Foles.

As long as Dallas stays healthy, plays better ball control with an improved defense, the playoffs are possible. I know that is a tall order considering the past few seasons...........

To add......which of these QB's are better than Romo at this point in their careers? Only Brees with Luck and Wilson not far behind. This is a team game...........
  16. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

3,272 Messages
    1,196 Likes Received
    Not an impressive list. I would put romo only behind luck and Bree's on that list. That said, Dallas will probably lose to more than half of the qb's on that list.
  17. randy932

randy932 Member

531 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Romo is #8 amongst these.