1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tough pill for me and fellow Garrett supporters to swallow...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,015 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    I recommend 2 shots of tequila and a lime, a Dos Equis backup and nice belch when the pills go down.

You'll feel fine, trust me.

Haha.

:lmao2: RedBaLL ExPreSS:lmao2:
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,105 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    wow.

this is still here.

night john boy.
  3. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,060 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Gruden's an ingrate then, Callahan gave him a SB, where have you been?
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received

Good points.

I agree that Jerry desperately wants Garrett to succeed here and will do just about anything to make that happen. However, Jerry is a businessman first and foremost and he knows that going 8-8 every year is not good for business.

Jerry has to be able to market the team and get folks excited to come out and watch the games. If Garrett has 3.5 seasons as head coach and never even sniffed the playoffs, no way Jerry can just roll with that.

Its basically playoffs or Garrett is gone this season.
  5. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,125 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Well think of it this way....Garrett wouldn't have been headcoach if it weren't for Jerry.

I also like the moves that Jerry has done with the coaches this season. Garrett's playcalling was bad and he needed to turn it over to another OC. How he can focus on other aspects of building this team.

You guys shouldn't be shedding a tear for Garrett. He will still be coach and will a lot of old dogs teaching him the ropes. He is in a happy place right now.
  6. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,015 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    Happy place isn't the word.

I'm sure Garrett, if he has as much brains as advertised, quickly realizes that the HC of the DC is a ball-busting deal for anybody.

If he's to have any chnace to suceed, the team has to have more coaches and staff and players who have been thru the wars and are prepared to deal with it..with Jerry's money to grease the skids, of course.

Because as everybody knows, nobody in their right football mind would work for a guy like Jerry Jones.

Sure.

Whatever.

:starspin RedBaLL ExPreSS:starspin
  7. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,178 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    As a rule of thumb, especially on an internet message board of all places, when someone claims to have insider knowledge it's probably best to be a skeptic of the information regardless of how many times they've been right or wrong. (even if you stake your reputation on it...)

While I appreciate those that provide the information in the first place I don't take it to heart when the information is wrong or misleading. It's the internet for crying out loud...just look at the TV show Catfish.

Some of you remind of those poor folks.
  8. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,330 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I personally think Garrett will be here in 2013. Jerry gave some pretty strong hints on why in his NFL Network interview. Having said all that, why are people linking Gruden to Dallas in 2014 and not giving any credence to Lovie Smith?

Lovie is a Kiffin disciple. Rod Marinelli thinks the world of Lovie Smith. If JG gets in trouble and Jerry sees what he wants to see out of that Defense, Monte Kiffin and Marinelli will use their clout to push for him.

That's how you speculate people!
  9. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,115 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    No way it's Cowher.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,762 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    I think Garrett has been made aware that they'd better improve pretty significantly this year or Jerry is going to move on from him before next season.

I'm guessing that just making the playoffs won't be considered enough either. They're going to have to make the playoffs and win at least 1 playoff game as well, if not more.

That's just the feeling I get.
  11. AZBOYZFAN

AZBOYZFAN New Member

123 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is something people throw out to bash Garrett.

2011: like three games could be blamed on time management

2012: 1 game could be blamed on time management

Thats improvement not like he isnt learning for a guy who was never a head coach on any level. Heck Brady and Belichek had a time management gaffe at the end of the first half of the AFC championship game that cost them the game.
  12. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,434 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Yeah, and that 1 game probably prevented us from playing meaningful football in January. Inexcusable.
  13. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,597 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    Why would Jerra strip Jason of duties and then fire him?
    It seems that jerra is a hard enough boss to just fire someone -- without first humiliating him by taking away responsibilities.
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,119 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Those 4 points they lost don't automatically become 15 in the second half. "cost them the game" is a bit much.

Also, can you point to the 3 games in 2011. I know 1 has to be Arizona but the others? I've been critical of the guy but not sure I'd go 3 games unless I'm just forgetting.