1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Toxicology reports have come back and Ratliff was drunk

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by The Quest for Six, Jan 28, 2013.

1. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

5,936 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Toxicology reports have come back and Ratliff was found to be twice(.16) the legal limt(.08) when he ran into an 18 wheeler....42 days after team mate was killed by another team mate driving drunk clearly shows Ratliff just doesn't get it and should be released after June 1st...
  2. jobberone

jobberone Orangutan for hire; blues and southern rock Staff Member

33,385 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received
    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/loca...as-twice-the-legal-limit-at-time-of-crash.ece

Moments ago the Grapevine Police Department released the results of Jay Ratliff’s blood alcohol test, taken shortly after he crashed his Ford F-150 early Tuesday. Says spokesman Robert Eberling, the Dallas Cowboy has a blood alcohol content of 0.16 — “which is twice the legal limit,” per Eberling’s email.
  3. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

2,741 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    I agree in principle, but financially, it might not make sense to release him.

On a side note, I estimate he consumed around 16 beers within 2 hours to get that drunk. I was just curious how many beers it would take to get a 300 lb man drunk.
  4. jobberone

33,385 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received

If he drinks a lot of beer every day then it might be possible but likely a lot less.
  5. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,084 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Free Ratliff!
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,153 Messages
    899 Likes Received
    I assume this is a Blood Test and not a Breathalyzer Test with info just being released. If the later, then results may not be indicative of how much alcohol was actually in his system. Could be more or less, depending on how long after he had his last drink.
  7. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,631 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was a blood test. Ratliff refused the breathalzer test.
  8. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,407 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    i dont care what he does off the field

he can still play DT

keep him
  9. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

2,741 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    There is no way to estimate his tolerance, but BAC account for that. I actually think I estimated on the low side, because I didn't account for his substantial muscle mass. He probably had to consume more than what I estimated to get that type of BAC, especially since a blood test was administered after some delay.
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,447 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    That much at a bowling alley? How does someone drink that much at a bowling alley?
  11. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,171 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: When it comes to drunk driving you, I and the next person better care.
  12. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,020 Messages
    980 Likes Received
    Ratliff has averaged 1.8 sacks per season over the past three years... and pass rushing is supposed to be his forte -- not run stopping.

Financially or not, how does it make sense on the field to keep a guy with production like that?
  13. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,654 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Can I get a BIG AMEN to that!
  14. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,545 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    If you cut him, you do so immediately - actually you can't cut guys right now - but you do it right away. It sends no message to wait 6 months to drop the hammer.

Oh yeah. We still owe him 5 mill.
  15. AbeBeta

24,545 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    If he is drinking girl beer like Bud or Coors, then he would have to drink that much. If he's drinking grown up beer, maybe 6 pints or so
  16. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,229 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    He may have had every intention of not drinking that much, or calling someone if he did drink too much.

But once some people start drinking, they DO NOT make intelligent decisions.

Which could mean eventually drinking too much, or deciding to go ahead and drive home after drinking too much.

They think, "I'm fine, it won't happen to me, I'm going straight home."

I'm sure he "gets it" when he is sober, but some, not all I guess, some do not make intelligent decisions after drinking.
  17. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,006 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Could not have said it any better.
  18. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,640 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    .16 for a blood test is high. They have to get a warrant to even do it. Usually takes a couple of hrs. So he had 2 hrs to sober up and it was still a .16.
  19. jobberone

33,385 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received
    No way to know how rapidly one person's liver detoxifies a substance. The tolerance of alcohol cannot be determined by outward appearances. Muscle mass has no relevance. Glomerular filtration rate is not that different in a 120 lb woman and a 300 lb man either.
  20. AbeBeta

24,545 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    BAC rises for sometime as after you stop drinking.