1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade Peerless Price To Green Bay!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by zrinkill, Sep 12, 2005.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    TRADE PEERLESS PRICE TO GREEN BAY!!!!!!!!!

They are gonna be desperate!!!
  2. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,741 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    for who an aging Driver, an injured Walker, please price is here leave it alone, we need a number 4 do you reall want copper and crayton backiing up Glenn and Key?
  3. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,092 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    I agree, we got to hold on to Price for depth...
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,845 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    Yeah -- and then no free agent will ever want to come here again. You can't sign someone and then immediately trade him - we spend all this time wooing him and then send him packing? It would make us look like liars. What player would want to sign somewhere, pack up their family, etc. and then get sent packing a couple weeks later?
  5. Gordon

Gordon New Member

760 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he's suggesting that you trade him for a draft pick(s) but I agree that wouldn't be a good idea. If Key or Glenn go down, we need Peerless. That's not all that out of the ordinary since Glenn has an injury history, and anything can happen, like Keyshawn's injury in Week 17 last year. It may not seem like we need Price right now, but he can do nothing but help the team, however little help he may be, and if someone goes down, he's a much better candidate to step in than Terrence Copper.
  6. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,239 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....What in the world are you thinking? You need to stop smoking that Hardcore Kronic.
  7. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,741 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    i dont know about the wooing part, but thats a good point to. I've ahd enough of the rookie Merriman crying to us, we dont need an actaully vet doing it to.
  8. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

2,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received

great point!!! :star:
  9. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,031 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    Sounds like some crap the Redskins would pull.
  10. BlueWave

BlueWave New Member

1,069 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd trade Glenn first. He used to be a Packer. That would work. We all know Glenn will be hurt eventually anyway. History shows. Keep Price.
  11. 32BellyOption

32BellyOption Member

248 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Price isn't going anywhere! He was brought here for insurance and he will remain here and contribute. Besides, why would a team hoping to make the playoffs THIS year want to get rid of a playmaker and weaken it's depth?
  12. cowboygolfer

cowboygolfer New Member

232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not no but Hell no.

First time in a looooong time we have had too much depth, we paid him to play he will play. I don't know what that means for who sits now but he is gonna get in.
  13. dallasblue05

dallasblue05 New Member

1,286 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really cant comprehend why you would even think something like this. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! It wouldnt benifit our team in the least, not to mention, it would hurt us really bad should the slightest thing go wrong w/Key or Glenn. Wow, i cant believe you even had the though. I cant really describe the feeling I got when I saw the title, I was hoping it was a joke...............
  14. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That injury to J Walker is exactly why we keep Price for depth.
  15. fiveandcounting

fiveandcounting New Member

1,592 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Jesus everyone is ganging up on this guy. Listen he may be wrong (I dont agree with him) and his opinion may be rash but to say "makes absolutely no sense whatsoever" and "i cant believe you even had the thought" and "I really cant describe the feeling I got when I saw the title" is emtional hyperbole and just as rash. It makes a modicum of sense if you think about it.
    Crayton looked amazing during preseason (hands, rac and routes) and seems to have not missed a beat in game 1. That gives us three solid starter types and Copper. Price may be more of a name than a talent we don't reall know yet. If someone was going to offer us a 3 or a 2 for him wouldnt you even think about it? And dont forget before you jump on me I dont agree we should trade him I am just saying give the original poster a break it wasnt that ridiculous.
  16. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd have NO problem with Crayton backing up Glenn; he is a talent. However, Copper would worry the hell out of me. We do not need to trade Price; he is potentially far too valuable to us this year.
  17. zrinkill

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    Jesus guys ................ I meant if they were REALLY DESPERATE ........... Hell if they want Glenn OR Peerless and are gonna give us a 2nd for them .......... I say ship them

But I was mostly commenting on how desperate Green Bay is gonna be ........... it was supposed to be funny

:eek::
  18. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,741 Messages
    100 Likes Received

well you got an F on the funny part, and once again, we need the depth draft picks do nothign if soembody goes down this year.
  19. zrinkill

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    You said this about peerless price

"he is an insurance policy who will get so occansional playing time"

You dont think that would be worth a second round pick????
  20. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,673 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    id trade Price to them for Walker, call me crazy but i would do it