1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade Request For Chris Johnson Next Step

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by STSINAZ, Aug 25, 2011.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,910 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    Really?
    Uh, no it's not close.
    But both are fast enough.
  2. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hmmm...let's see...we're trying to shwcase our guy (Felix, by cutting Barber), while they're trying to trade away theits (Johnson).

So class...what have we learned about who made the right draft move?
  3. DFWJC

22,910 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    Not advocating getting CJ, but we can safely say there has NEVER been a player win a Super Bowl by himself.
  4. DFWJC

22,910 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    Can't believe I just read that.

I'm going to come back later and hope that it was just my imagination.:D

Jerry would have paid CJ last year...and would have gotten him for much less than Tenn will now have to pay.
  5. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    I don't there should be any consideration for CJ, but Felix is far from a great RB.

Perhaps this year he can take that leap with being the #1 guy, but as of now there is zero way you can say he is already great.
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,239 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    Felix doesn't have to be a great back.

Great backs aren't needed to win SB's.

Just someone better than average. And Felix is better than average.
  7. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,951 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    Yeah, especially with the money Fitzgerald and that lineman just got. Way too much money for one guy, not enough left over to put a quality team around them. If they can get that much money, all the more power to them. But they aren't seeing a CHAMPIONSHIP any time soon.

And that's what we're all about. CHAMPIONSHIP!

It's funny, I bet a lot were regretting that we passed up on Chris Johnson and picked Felix. But how's that looking now, with Johnson holding the Titans hostage?
  8. TD-33

TD-33 Benched

2,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2: some of you are clueless
  9. TD-33

TD-33 Benched

2,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    inbeforehejoinsthedreamteam
  10. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This diva (Chris Johnson) turns 26 in September. More importantly, Johnson has carried the football 936 times (including the post season) in three seasons. The Titans have been questioned about running Johnson so much, especially at his size. I've seen Johnson take some serious hits. The guy weighs a buck 90, too.

I bet the Titans would be willing to trade Chris Johnson for Felix Jones if Johnson doesn't come off his outrageous contract demands. After all, the Titans wanted to draft Felix Jones. Also, I bet the Cowboys wouldn't trade Felix Jones for Chris Johnson and Johnson's outrageous contract demands and the high millage on Johnson's engine, among other reasons.

Jones is only 24, and he has only rushed the football 361 times (including the playoffs) during the last three years. Jones has extremely low mileage on his engine, and he is just entering the heart and soul of his prime. Jones is an explosive, dynamic running back who can do it all. Jones is a complete back. Marion Barber has been the biggest progress stopper since Craig Morton, too.

Finally, Chris Johnson is a poor pass protector, and his drops, in the passing game, rank among the most in the NFL, at the running back position.

With Felix Jones (24) and Dez Bryant (22), the Cowboys are sitting in the cat bird's seat.
  11. TD-33

TD-33 Benched

2,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Looks like a Garrett guy to me
    Passion
    Emotion
    Enthusiasm
  12. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    so now he's a diva? lol 41g u are clueless
  13. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    26 in less than 30 days, we are talking about trading players and picks for 4 years of production
  14. cowboys2233

3,951 Messages
    436 Likes Received

He is a diva. He wants to be paid like a "top playmaker," a.k.a. quarterback money. Sorry, but the only ones who should be paid like top quarterbacks are top quarterbacks. I can show you plenty of QBs who essentially carried their teams, but RBs? By themselves? No way.
  15. rickwil61

rickwil61 Member

324 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No doubt Johnson is fast but it seems like I remember him not being difficult to arm tackle. At any rate I'd rather see the money spent beefing up the secondary.
  16. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
  17. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,153 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    Let's end this.

18. cowboys2233

3,951 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    He's already piled up over $700,000 in fines this year and is slated to make less than $1 million. If he's not careful, he's going to be making less than a burger flipper at McDonalds. :laugh2:
  19. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,006 Messages
    1,005 Likes Received
  20. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Where's George Teague when you need him. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: