1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade Romo scenario?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by vaturkey, Dec 27, 2010.

1. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

396 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Ok, hear me out before I get flamed.

Trade Romo to the Vikings for their first, plus Greenway (Linebacker) and their SS (Abdulla). Both of those guys are in their prime and will fortify both of those positions of need for us for the next 3-5 years.

Then, we package the highest number 1 (ours or Minnesota's) plus our number 2 and go up and get Luck as the next Troy to restore the franchise. We will still retain the lower number 1 to trade down and restore our offensive line, another cornerback, etc. etc.

Above allows Romo to get away from Jerry, go back north, but still play in a domed stadium and he will feel a glaring need for the Vikings. He will be playing behind a good O-line, good receivers, great running back etc. etc.

Ps. We retain Kitna to school luck next year and teach him the fine points of the game. Also, probably will be a rookies salary cap next year so Jerry won't have to break his piggy bank.

Ok, guys, blow it up is you want, however Romo is 30 and this team is at least a few years away from competing at a high level IMO.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    We have already burned Minn in a trade. I can't see them doing another.
  3. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,747 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Why would the Vikings do this? I'm sorry, but to me it seems the value that the Vikings would be giving up would be less than what they are getting in return. Not trying to devalue Romo at all.

Wonder if Favre would agree with you about the good o-line comment?

PLUS, they could package their picks to move up and get Luck AND keep their defensive players as well.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,987 Messages
    3,195 Likes Received
    Captain O'Hagan: [In an Irish accent] I'll believe ya when me poop turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.
  5. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

1,989 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    Not a chance sorry....
  6. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    First off, this is a lousy idea. Really lousy.

Second, the Vikes have a terrible OL, not sure what games you were watching for them this yr.

Third: :madden:
  7. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,330 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Based on his comments earlier this season, Leslie Frazier (current interim, possible future head coach) is one coach that isn't a huge fan of Romo's work. Very doubtful that the Vikings would be interested.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,290 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received
    Roger Staubach played until he was 37, so Romo being 30 is no big deal. Sorry, but I am not trading a 4 time probowl QB in his prime for some rookie that has never played a down in the NFL.

No way in hell I make this trade.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

59,987 Messages
    3,195 Likes Received
    Well even if you wanted to make that trade...I see no way in hell that the Vikings would do it.
  10. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    What the hell is going on around here?

Zimmer for DC
    Singletary for DC
    Trade Witten
    Name McGee Starter for Next year
    Trade Kitna for a 1st or 2nd
    Now we should trade Romo to the Vikings for a Walker part 2 deal.........

oh this board at times.
  11. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Greenway wouldn't be much of a 34 'backer i don't believe.
  12. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There's threads that have popped up about trading Ware and Austin too...and there's the blow up the whole thing and start over thread

Yep, its that time of yr again in CZ.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,324 Messages
    1,816 Likes Received
    Unless I get 2 #1's I don't even bring it to the table. For me that is the starting asking price. I don't ditch a franchise QB that fast they are too damn hard to find.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

59,987 Messages
    3,195 Likes Received
    I think some of these fans need to go to the doctor and get some shots to balance out their hormones. Go to the doctor and get their lithium levels checked. They are losing it with the sheer stupidity of some of these threads.

Sadly it is nothing new.
  15. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

For the most part I have been avoiding this section and hanging out in the draft forum just to stay low key and avoid the rash over reaction that not only will follow a loss but a disappointing end of season rage.

I'm sorry a changed my routine!:laugh2:

EDIT: Now I see Juke thinks he is going to become a HC! OH MY!!!!!!!!! call in the guys with the straight jackets! ;)
  16. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    If you're going to trade away a franchise player, you best be getting a franchise player in return. Greenway/Abdullah/1st for Romo? Thats laughable

Also, Luck has not declared..Some say he wont
  17. nflandbooze

nflandbooze New Member

292 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Besides the fact that we would be sticking it to the Vikings again (which would be pretty funny), I don't think Luck is that slam dunk guy to go after.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but every time I see a big time play from him, it's when he has all day to throw. In the NFL, and especially in Dallas, you better be able to create some time, or yous a gonna die. :(
  18. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    And an orthopedic dr to repair all the blown acls the knee jerking is causing
  19. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,606 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
    Don't forget trade Miles and Ware. Yeah lets get rid of all our franchise players. There are literally "fans" here that want to trade Tony, Witten, Dez, Miles and Ware. All of them and start over. :laugh2:
  20. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,269 Messages
    1,177 Likes Received
    Don't trade Romo, however, consider taking a QB in the 1st round if a good one is available.

Look how it turned out for Green Bay. They took Rogers when Favre still had a few good years -- ie, they didn't need to draft a QB, but they did. He sat for 3 years behind Favre and came in and was good right away. Because of it the Packers are looking at potentially a 30 year stretch of top 10 QB play (if Rogers plays 10 or so years). It is any wonder that it has translated to the Packers being pretty consistently good over that time span?