1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Travis Swanson - C - Arkansas

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Nov 25, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,673 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Travis Swanson | Center
    Team: Arkansas Razorbacks
    Age / DOB: (22) / 1/30/1991
    Ht / Wt: 6'5' / 305
    [IMG]
    LATEST NEWS
    RECENT NEWS

Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema believes senior C Travis Swanson will be a second-round pick, at worst.
    "I really do truly believe Travis, (who) got invited to the Senior Bowl, if he goes and performs the way I've seen him perform in practice, he will be no less than a second-round draft pick," Bielema said. The head coach has a long history of sending offensive linemen to the NFL. "I just really am blown away with what he can do, how incredibly physical he is, and how much stamina he holds." Nov 25 - 3:46 PM
    Source: Rivals
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,595 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    yeah the kid is a great player, but he is a center only in the NFL and now have no need for him.
  3. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

816 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    I don't like his game personally. For all of his size, he's more of a finesse guy. I disagree with him being limited to C. I think many teams will consider him more than just C based on below (if true) and his long frame/limbs.

From Bruce Feldman's annual list of college football's athletic freaks...

11. Travis Swanson, Arkansas, center: Arguably the nation's top center, the 320-pound Swanson has already wowed the new Razorbacks coaching staff. Swanson has been clocked by the Hogs staff in the three-cone drill at 7.39 seconds. (Former Texas A&M star Luke Joeckel, the second pick in April's draft, ran it in 7.40 while Eric Fisher, the first overall pick, did it in 7.59 seconds.) "His movement ability is second only to (Cleveland Browns All-Pro left tackle) Joe Thomas out of linemen that I have worked with in the last 12 years," said strength coach Ben Herbert, who came over from Wisconsin.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-the-20-craziest-athletes-in-college-football
  4. dropdeadfred5

dropdeadfred5 Active Member

145 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    yeah, it seems his best position is center so we really will have no interest