1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Troy Aikman Interview Tweets - 02/12/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,976 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Every football team follows its quarterbacks lead.Even the one's(qb's) that are not celebrated by the media.If your quarterback plays scared and unsure of himself, the team will follow that lead.Romo's mentally weak competitive character, has plagued this football team since the bumbled snap at Seattle.
  2. weaver21

weaver21 Member

640 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    So in your mind our faults as a team which include an inconsistent defense and terrible offensive line is Romo's fault entirely? The offensive line plays bad because Romo is mentally weak ... I hope you read that sentence and realize how stupid that sounds. These men are grown professionals and shouldn't have to lean on anyone but themselves. When Romo is struggling or playing bad, they should have to step up and give their quarterback some help, not play bad because their quarterback is. This is a TEAM sport and we're called the Dallas Cowboys, not the Tony Romo Cowboys. Give the man some help and he'll take us to the promise land ... guaranteed.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    That and injuries combined with lack of depth and a weak Oline and dline....a lot in other words
  4. Gameover

2,976 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    I dont believe the offensive line is terrible.The offensive line is a scapgoat used by fans and idiots in the media to excuse Romo of his many failures.Tony Romo has blown more winning opportunities than offensive line has the past three seasons.

If this man does get "help", he will take us straight to the HeartBreak Hotel!

He doesn't have the brains or the guts to make it to the "promise land".
  5. weaver21

weaver21 Member

640 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Whatever, man. You clearly don't watch the games if you don't think the offensive line is terrible. Who hell is gonna come in and play better than Romo? Orton? Ha! That guy wouldn't last a game with our offensive line. What about a rookie? Yeah, let's throw a rookie out there and let him get killed right away too. Romo is the only damn reason we're even relevant anymore, but guys like you point the finger at Romo when it's clear as day the guy has no help whatsoever. There is no quarterback in this league that could win with his offensive line, pathetic offensive coordinator and bad defense ... none. Not Brady, not either Manning, Brees or even Rodgers ... there are none.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Gameover's take on Tony Romo is pretty much insane as far as I'm concerned. But he's right that our OL isn't as bad as it's made out to be here. They've got a lot of room for improvement, though, I'll agree.
  7. Gameover

2,976 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Isn't Witten a future HOF?

Isn't Dez Bryant on his way to Pro Bowl greatness?

Alot of quarterbacks in this league could win ten games a year with this no help whatsoever roster.

There is plenty of untapped potential that Romo continuously leaves on the field.

The play caller did pretty good job of calling plays when Romo was hurt back in 2010 when he had John Kitna averaging 31.2 ppg and finishing with a 5-3 record.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,324 Messages
    4,470 Likes Received
    Welcome to the minority.

It's bad and that isn't open to debate.
  9. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,193 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    Wait, you mean having a HOF TE and a WR who finally turned it on in the 2nd half of the season doesn't win you a Super Bowl?!?!?! I am shocked.

Show me one QB in the last 5 years who won 10 games a year and had no help from his roster. That is the most ignorant statement I have ever read on CZ. Get off your Romo hate-wagon and learn something about the game, son.
  10. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,415 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    This! Not to mention the fact that, unlike many other QBs, he doesn't play on a team that has a defense that creates turnovers. If Romo has an off day, the team has little chance of winning. If Romo has a great day, they MIGHT win.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,677 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    the Romo haters like ufcrules and juke and gameover have no ability to see reality. Don't bother with them; nothing ANYONE could say would make a difference.

If GOD came down and said Romo was a great QB these guys would still say otherwise.
  12. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,306 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Who was throwing Witten & Dez the ball? Wasn't Laurent Robinson really good under Romo? How was he last year without Romo?

Sure, Romo will lose a few games each year. But he wins games the team has no business winning many more times than he loses the game the rest of the team has won IMO.
  13. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,335 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    amen brother
  14. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,014 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    At the end of the day your QB is going to be put in a position that is uncomfortable no matter how good his Oline is. When you get deep into the playoffs and are playing against a great defensive line, they are going to get through to your QB. When that happens in Dallas, do you really have faith in Romo to throw the ball away, not throw off his back foot, make the right read, take a sack if necessary? I personally don't, especially in big games and Romo has not shown me otherwise. He makes the same dumb mistakes every single year.

We can talk about the defense and the oline all we want(And they both need improvement) but at the end of the day against Washington, they gave Romo a chance being down by 3 with over 3 minutes on the clock and all of our timeouts. Washington blitzed and Romo threw the ball to Murray without even thinking if there was a defender there or not. Keep in mind this was on first down too. He could have thrown the ball away or taken a sack and still had a good chance to lead his team down field to take the lead or tie.

Do we even need to talk about his other 2 interceptions where he had little to no pressure and just made horrible throws? Leading up to that game he was playing good, why did he have an epic meltdown game? Because the pressure was high, that's why.

Romo would need an unbelievable defense and Oline to take this team to the superbowl. They would have to overcompensate for his mistakes in big games.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,677 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    yawn.
  16. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,225 Messages
    2,043 Likes Received
    My belief is that of the OL were fixed, the occasional times Romo was harassed wouldn't be the same as now when he is constantly harassed.

Follow this.

Now he always seems to have someone on him. So the team needs to score thus he has to take risks.

If the team had a line that protected and allowed the offense to thrive, the premium might not be as critical on Romo and the offense to manufacture points late when it is risk big or lose.

Tony still makes boneheaded plays, but he is a very good quarterback that seems to do this on his own more than most.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,281 Messages
    3,020 Likes Received
    I agree with all 3 opinions from Aikman.
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,281 Messages
    3,020 Likes Received
    If you have constant pressure on a QB they will all make bone head plays. I saw Brees make quite a few this past season as well. It tends to happen when a QB is trying to force things to happen.

If the Cowboys can get to a point on offense where Tony is not having to create something out of nothing then we just may see an offense who is not up and down through out the game but instead a team who can attack on the ground and in the air. It starts with the guys up front.
  19. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,225 Messages
    2,043 Likes Received
    What seems to be ignored by the great unwashed here is that there was a time this offense gave Romo time and he completed passing plays without the fear of losing blood of a limb. That was a few years ago.

Seems they ran off that offensive line.

No worries, they needed to be run off. They were getting old and ineffective.

The problem is they did not replace them with a competent offensive line.

I also believe we had better receivers then.
  20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Sorry but not every football player knows what is going on in the locker room. Troy and Garret are tight. It's not that I'm not listening but I've seen other highly respected NFL guys say Garrett makes horrible game management decisions, etc. Troy also said good coaches just left..so why are they fired then? I take this stuff with a grain of salt because you never know if they picked a side. I agree with his Romo comments though. Doesn't mean those will end up being right either. The NFL landscape is littered with good, hard working, nice guys who never made it.

As I said in the past, I realistically acknowledge Romo's mistakes but think he is best for this team right now. Like the guy. I don't feel the same about Garrett from what I've seen in 6 years. So we will see what comes out in the wash.