1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Troy Aikman: Not sure coaching changes make Cowboys better

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AMERICAS_FAN, Jan 24, 2013.

1. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I take it you guys never watched Mark Tuinei, Nate Newton and Kevin Gogan early in their careers. And John Gesek was so stacked with talent he was exposed on Plan B.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,905 Likes Received
    True, it took time for them to develop. I can recall when fans wanted the gone
  3. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member

915 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  4. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,270 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    He doesn't have to join CZ to be called a stupid, Eagles loving, Cowboys hater. :D
  5. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,322 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Just for my 2 cents...

I think the defensive change is probably a good one, although I like the chemistry the team had this season and I thought it was going to improve.

I don't like the offensive changes.

And I don't like shaking the whole staff up.

Just my opinion, but I think it is an overreaction and I think it was premature. I really believed we were close to turning the corner.

But my hope is that it works like a charm and we are in the playoffs next year.
  6. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Wasnt it Thanksgiving when Troy was openly criticizing his buddy and wondering wth we were trying to do on offense?
  7. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    If you're running the 'Boys, who do you keep and cut on the D-line? Obviously Ware isn't going anywhere (unless the nut tries to pull a "genius" trade).
  8. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,270 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    But a lot of people were uncomfortable around the ranch the last couple of weeks, so that must mean that there is a plan right?
  9. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,350 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    This!!!
  10. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,262 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    He also said this:

@mattmosley: Aikman on 1310: "(Jason's) handling it the way Jerry's telling him to handle it...got the look and feel that Jerry's making the decisions."
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,198 Likes Received
    ouch.
  12. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,384 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    same ol same ol. business as usual in dallas.
  13. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,823 Messages
    591 Likes Received
    I think Jason can be a good head coach if he is only that, a head coach.

What I don't understand is how you can watch this team and not think coaching is a problem, 10 men on the field, 12 men on the field, always at the top in penalties, Jason has been in charge of the offense for 6 years now and it's been nothing more than mediocre, yes the line sucks but Jason has been involved in the personnel decisions that shaped this line. How about the slow starts this year and the failure to adjust, how about the awfuly managed games and strange playcalls.

I love Troy but his love for Jason is blinding him on this issue, coaching matters, just ask the Saints, heck, he lived it, just ask him if it was the same team with Jimmy and Switzer at the helm.

I like what they have done this offseason, surround Jason with experienced coaches to help him gain that experience. Jason should embrace these changes as they are the only way he keeps his job, him calling plays was not cutting it. I think he is a good leader and players fight till the end for him, those are great qualities to have in a hc. He is just not a very good OC, I'm glad that's over with.

The Cowboys will be a much better team next year.
  14. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,262 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    I agree, but many here seem to think JG made the final decisions, either way, they┬┤re made, I just hope they pan out.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Talent makes everything better. Switzer won a SB with HOF talent. Tells you everything you need to know. Its about acquiring that talent and then putting that talent in a position to win.
  16. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Fix both of the Lines, Dallas will still need at least one Safety, plus the 4/3 Defense changes Linebacker personnel.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Never gonna happen for him here with this FO. Definition of lame duck right now.
  18. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,823 Messages
    591 Likes Received
    Not if we win. Win and everything else is forgotten.
  19. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,649 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    Yeah, Skip Bayless proclaimed the Cowboys would never win a Super Bowl with Mark Tuinei at LT. Nate Newton was moved from 3 different positions. Kevin Gogan was a failure at RT and finally moved over to RG. John Gesek was a guy that the Raiders didn't want.
  20. Trajan

Trajan Active Member

693 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I agree with Troy. He didn't say anything off the wall, just that the play-calling won't be vastly different from last year and the talent needs an upgrade.