1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Twitter Cowboys Practice Notes and other twitter on cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Nov 30, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    espn_macmahonTim MacMahon
    RT @ESPNDallas: Source -- Dallas Cowboys' Miles Austin will miss Wednesday's practice - http://es.pn/vk5qD1

robphillips3Rob Phillips
    RB Washington Headed To Practice Squad: IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys are expected to sign running back Chauncey ... http://bit.ly/rsGxMz
  2. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Does anyone have an insight to why they want to sign Chauncey Washington to PS? I'm sure there are better options out there, what am I missing?
  3. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,959 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    Not too sure either. Wasn't he on our team back in 2009 for the preseason?
  4. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,614 Messages
    342 Likes Received

Washington is a good st player. I think Phillip Tanner missed practice Monday so he might be banged up.
  5. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    toddarcherTodd Archer
    No Jon Kitna, Miles Austin, Tony Fiammetta, Phillip Tanner, Kyle Kosier @ practice. Tanner has hamstring.

17 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

clarencehilljrClarence Hill
    Jenkins, Sensabaugh practicing as Cowboys start work week, but no Austin or Fiammetta http://bit.ly/vjfM31

4 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply
  6. CowboyManDan

CowboyManDan Well-Known Member

1,531 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I have the same question.

Does this mean that we are not adding AOA back to the PS? Or do we still have one more PS spot available?
  7. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    best to my knowledge, we are full at practice squad players allowed with the singing of washington. Tanner they say has hamstring issue per twitter.
  8. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,316 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    With Chapa going to the 53 man roster, then Washington fills the final position on the Practice Squad.
  9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,316 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    Lol, on game day, the Cowboys have both Murray and Jones. And now, Felix Jones can pull special team duties as well. Washington is a former Cowboy, and has value both on Special Teams and as a backup running back, if Tanner can't fill need at a later point.
  10. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thats what i was thinking ccboy, if cowboys are hurting on special teams, they can bring up washington, but i am thinking most likely chapas will be tackling on special teams too as well as blocking for murray and felix. I cant wait to see what jason garrett will do with felix and murray on field together, maybe put 3 wrs out like dez, austin and robinson and put felix or murray in the slot, boy oh boy. Of course miles needs to be able to play but if he cant yet, dont rush him. Let him get fully healthy first, but opportunities with felix and murray on field together is there, and then like you said you can have dez returning punts and felix returning kickoffs which should really boost out special teams returns.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,204 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    The book on Washington has always been his ability to stay healthy and the fact that he doesn't catch well, and more importantly, he doesn't pick up blocking assignments all that well.

The guy has prototypical speed and size for the NFL game. He's a strong back and he is both quick and fast but if you can't pick up blocks, then you can't play RB in the NFL. At least, that's what I remember of him, while at USC and from what I saw of him with the Cowboys. He has experience in our offense so that's a plus. Cowboys may just be checking to see if he has improved at all in those areas. If he has, he's a pretty good pickup IMO.
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,274 Messages
    7,121 Likes Received
    Tanner has a hammy issue..
  13. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,316 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    Good addition, Albequerque...:star:
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,316 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    WoodysGirl, I like your Christmas addition for your monikor....Malagaya Bosco/Feliz Navidad

*(Merry Christimas - Phillipino/Spanish)