1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Two American Soldiers Killed Today

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Mar 27, 2009.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,761 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511098,00.html

U.S. Military Says Two Troops Killed by Afghan Soldier

Friday, March 27, 2009

The U.S. military says an Afghan soldier has shot and killed two U.S. coalition troops in northern Afghanistan.

A spokesman for U.S. forces in Afghanistan, Col. Greg Julian, says the Afghan soldier killed himself immediately after the incident Friday.

A joint U.S.-Afghan military statement says one coalition member died instantly and another died later of wounds.

The names of the troops involved were not given pending notification of next of kin.

The statement said the incident is under investigation.

In all honesty, I hope that the Right supports President Obama much, much better then the Left ever did for FP Bush. This business in Afghanistan is going to get messy I think. It will test our metal as a country, IMO. I hope we have the sand for this.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well if it means us winning in Afghanistan I am behind him Obama. I just hope he has the sand for it.
  3. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,716 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I have always believed that politics ends at our nation's shorelines. I am 100% behind our Commander-in-Chief as he deals with many difficult foreign policy issues.
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    *****. (Euphamism for cat)
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,761 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    Kitty?

:D
  6. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    We had four soldiers killed by an IED last week. Unfortunately, the Red Eye program on Fox was making fun of the Canadian military right afterwards. It made for a difficult time for the families and it cost one of the Comics involved in the show a gig in Canada. It's tough when a soldier dies, particularly a young husband and father. I think we can expect the going to be tough in Afghanistan.
  7. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we can get through Iraq we can get through Afghanistan.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,587 Messages
    1,557 Likes Received
    My experience with teh Candian Military is that they are very dedicated but their efforts are never appreciated by their government and their budgets are starved. A couple of years ago at Ft Drum we quietly saw to it that they could do thier training even when their government diverted funds to some more politically correct program. Their professionalism is totally unappreciated by virtually any government that they have had for the last - well since TRUDEAU anyway.