1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Two days into Training Camp....Is there any good news?

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by Zordon, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,170 Messages
    4,278 Likes Received
    Wow this is a depressing camp so far. Crowds are smaller, Garrett gives a boring speech, Crawford hurt, Spencer hurt, hamstring issues everywhere, Randle/T-Will dropping passes, Oline on the ground too much, Carr getting burned on consecutive days, Parnell looks bad. Did I miss anything? Is the team just rusty because of the early start or is this signs of what's to come for an 8-8 team?
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    LongSnapper likes this.
  2. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,748 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    The Great Matt Johnson isn't injured yet :)
  3. Heelsboy

Heelsboy Well-Known Member

233 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    You should probably avoid ledges for a while :p

I have been pleasently surprised to hear about our safety play so far this camp.
  4. CheapietheCheapskate

CheapietheCheapskate New Member

7 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yes. The running backs look good. We are stacked there. TIght End and Receiver too. The Secondary and Linebacking corps look good and deep. Theyve basically been rebuilt to a 4-3 defense in one year. The D-line will be next offseason. Will be curious to see if they take a look at Albright at DE.

While the Guards missing these couple of days are disappointing, we at least have some young guys who are getting needed reps in Killer K and Arkin. They may both make the team again as decent depth, along with Costa at backup Center.

Love the up-tempo offense. There is a lot to be excited about.
    Zordon likes this.
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,432 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    If Dallas fixes the Safeties it was a good Off Season.....the young guys on the Oline should mature into some cohesiveness after 2-3 years together...the DLine could improve because of a healthy D. Ware plus Anthony Spencers knee injury shouldn't keep him from working hard in a Career defining Contract year, then the linebackers are the surprise of camp thus far and Bass could step in for Crawford without missing a beat. TE and RB Depth look strong....most of all there is FOOTBALL AGAIN!
    Zordon likes this.
  6. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,035 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    Bass should step up for Crawford, then who will step up for Bass' spot?
  7. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,026 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    Lets just forfeit the season -- the crowds are smaller? Really? There are going to be some crushing injuries coming to other teams too. Easy on the negativity on day 3 there's a long way to go.
    coult44 likes this.
  8. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,182 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Dunbar is making some noise..

Bailey making all the kicks..

Randle is looking fast and explosive..

That;s all I got.
    coult44 likes this.
  9. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,610 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    So your going to just jump to conclusions based on what some media nerd blogs.......come on man.

Negativity sells, you will hear more bad than good from them cause that is the nature of the beast that is the media. Now some bad things have happened, chief among them is Crawford, but I'm not going to judge much til they put the pads on anyway....especially line play.

Relax and enjoy football is back, and don't stress over every negative thing you read cause usually if someone is doing bad....someone else is doing good that is forcing that person to do bad.
    WoodysGirl and Dash28 like this.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,556 Messages
    5,289 Likes Received
    Other than Crawford going down, not much to be concerned about for any fan whose ever been through an offseason before. I'm just happy to have football back and legitimate topics to discuss.
    coult44 likes this.
  11. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,823 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    I think where you will be able to see the improvement in the OL is short yardage situations. If there is one thing I saw and liked about Frederick, it was that he can move people.
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,112 Likes Received
    Training camp is for players not fans. Boring is good. The injuries are of concern but as it stands now the only serious one is that of Crawford.
  13. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,440 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Good news? Yes, great news! Haven't you read the reports that Jerry Jones has been walking around with a large red stripe across his face. Reportedly he has been overheard mumbling something about getting wonderful fashion advice from sheep on a web forum. When asked directly, all he could say was "Um" repeatedly until the reporter lost interest.
    Zordon likes this.
  14. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    At least wait till they actually put some pads on.
  15. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,223 Messages
    418 Likes Received
    good news.....Christmas is only 5 month's away......
  16. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,996 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    Since you are at the camp, any other observations of note?
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,630 Messages
    2,012 Likes Received
    • Ware looks amazing and unlike much of last year, appears healthy. Huge plus
    • Sean Lee is not on the IR and looks great. Huge plus obviously
    • Bruce Carter is not on the IR and looks spectacular. Huge plus obviously
    • Barry Church is not on IR and appears ok too. Plus.
    • Matt Johnson is playing and has a pick...better than nothing, I suppose.
    • The new defensive scheme seems potnentially exciting. Many more turnovers this year..hopefully.
    • Dez is continuing beast-mode
    • Running backs look good
    • Romo and Witten and Austin seem fine
    • Claiborne looks ready to make the next step
    • Hatcher looks great so far.
    • I personally loved Garrett's no-nonsense, no excuses, kick butt speach...jmo
    • At least the potential to run the hurry up offense in non catch-up mode is exciting

so there's a few things...
    coult44 likes this.
  18. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,958 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    I don't think Carr getting beat by Dez on a regular basis is something I'm going to shake my head and be upset about. It's a fact that all DBs are going to deal with in the coming years. Dez is simply going to beat them on a regular basis.
    coult44 likes this.
  19. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Doug Free has impressed
  20. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Ahhh.. gotta love the new Rant Zone.