1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Two ideas to improve the team going forward

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nirvana, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Al Davis is dead and Al Davis Jr already owns the rights to Ware.
  2. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,738 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    I'm all for trading Ware, I've even saying it for awhile now. He isn't going to do us any good despite his play so may as well get value for him. Only problem... Jerry, he'll probably trade Ware and a third for a second round and 6th round pick and think he got a good deal.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    :lmao: If you are going to dream, then dream big.
  4. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Norv Turners offense is crashing and burning almost as hard as this one, thats just a terrible, terrible idea.

Throw this Coryell crap on the scrap heap.
  5. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,361 Messages
    1,349 Likes Received
    Saying Ware is not worth at least a first round draft pick is one of the dumbest things I've read on this board.

Regarding the Walker trade, similar does not mean identical. The concept - trading one of our aging star players for draft picks - is the point here.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,038 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
    If we trade Ware I'd like to so it in a year where we can flip him for a young QB. A top talent.

If not I'd just rather keep him.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,038 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
    He's worth more than a 1st.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,707 Messages
    5,863 Likes Received
    Trading Ware would result in his remaining prorated bonus money accelerating into the Cowboys 2013 salary cap. That number is 12.16 Million.

At 30 years old, Ware would only be valuable to a good team; therefore, their 1st round draft pick would be late in the round.

Just to replace Ware, the Cowboys would need to have a pick in the top 10. If the new teams draft pick is #32, then the Cowboys would basically need all of that teams drafts picks 1-7 in order to move up from #32 to the top 10.

The new team would be responsible for his remaining base salaries which average 10.5 Million per season.

The new team would be losing draft picks and paying a high salary.
  9. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,264 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    I don't see Norv getting another shot. He stunk in Wash, Oak, and now San Diego. He will need to be an OC again and build his reputation back up.
  10. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Thanks for information.
  11. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Not going to happen. I think it would be nice if we could get good value for him, but nobody is going to want to pay his salary and give up their top draft pick. Maybe Fisher will give us both STL 1st round picks to get him. (wishful thinking)
  12. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,829 Messages
    186 Likes Received

Like Wade, Norv is a much better coordinator than HC. I actually think hiring Norv as OC would make Garrett a better head coach, assuming he's willing to give up play calling responsibilities. He brings loads of experience and they share similar offensive philosophies. If Jerry's going to keep Garrett, then he needs to give him more help.
  13. kelc

kelc Member

122 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Would you trade are first round pick for a 30 year old player?
  14. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,213 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    1.Pray for a Romo injury

2.Pray that Jerry Finally realizes that Romo is a bum
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received

Hoping for a player, any player, to get injured is about as low as you can get.

If you dont like a player, fine. There are players on this team that I dont like either, but I would never in a million years wish injury on anybody, not even opposing players.
  16. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,185 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    There will be no turning this ship around with the current captain ... Jerry Jones.

It's 15 years of the same thing.

What makes us think anything will change?
  17. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,581 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    i love Ware, he may very well set every franchise and nfl sack record known to mankind, however its only on occasion he makes a big play anymore, rarely ever when its clutch-time, and he usually doesn't dominate weaker LTs like he should. You can argue that teams slide their blocking schemes, etc and that's probably true. But this year IMO Spencer has been overall more disruptive....ya ya maybe because he's not seeing as many double teams. But the bottom-line is there are lots of other D-coordinators getting tons more pressure from cadres of lesser players. So well maybe our issues are more with Ryan and his NON-pressure schemes than the players I don't know. If you can get multiple firsts and seconds for any player on your team save a franchise QB, you take it. In today's NFL the most important people on a team are the QB (which you can never overpay for if he's a franchise guy), HC, and coaching staff. After that, everyone else is expendable for the right price. Look at NE for the past decade, Pitt, Indy (up to Payton's exit), and NYG. The coaching staff and QB are the constants.