1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Two plays cost the Cowboys 14 points

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Dec 23, 2012.

1. cnhnyy

cnhnyy Member

469 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Murray's fumble is bad but we have to remember other team's players are professional too. They can cause a fumble, break a pass or make an inteception.

However, Spencer's jump-off side and Harris's non-catch punt are no-no in football 101. They are un-forced mistakes that should not happen in professional level. You never jump off-side when it is fourth down and less 5 yard. You fair-catch a ball when there is no chance for a touchback.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,603 Messages
    298 Likes Received

Yep, and you guys would be here screaming about how Garrett has no cajones with a minute and a half left on the clock.

Can't win.
  3. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,093 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    Those were huge, also we never should have gave them the ball back at the end of the first half, and let them get that fg. Also on the sproles td, where no one knew where to line up, we should have called a timeout.
  4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    So you are saying sign up Spencer for a big money long term contract. :)
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,944 Messages
    1,545 Likes Received
    I hated the Murray fumble but the guy was bent over backwards as he was stripped. He has not shown any tendency to fumble the ball. I feel he was just caught in a bad position
  6. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,503 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    If a guy fumbles every game when you are up by 3 touchdowns, it wouldn't matter. If a guy fumbles once per season but it costs you a game, it matters, tendency or not.

That said, if people would read my original post I stated that those two plays hurt us and cost us 14 points. I never attacked the players and I specifically said I did not want them benched, cut, etc. or any other knee-jerk reaction. I simply stated a fact .. those two mistakes cost us 14 points .. and they did.

The point of my post was not to attack the players as it could have easily been other bad plays had they happened like Romo throwing an interception that was run back for a touchdown, Miles dropping that touchdown on 4th down at the end of the game, etc. The point was that despite how poor the defense played, two plays cost the Cowboys 14 points and the game.

/reality
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,944 Messages
    1,545 Likes Received
    Did not take it as an attack on Murray on commenting on the fumble itself. He did have 2 hands on the ball but as he was being bent over backwards was stripped. It was a bad break for the Cowboys Tyron Smith did not help matters as he was one of the 1st guys Murray ran into and Smith leg prevented Murray knee from hitting the ground.

Not looking for blame, it was a bad break for the Cowboy
  8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,678 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    Sometimes I agree...but on that play he never had two hands on the football. It was not like it was protected and then it got hit, he holds it away from his body in one hand all the time.