1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tyler TX is Cleveland Brown Territory?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by AsthmaField, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,851 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    oh, it is NOW Cleveland Browns territory? How about one of the dozens of partying pics of Manziel gets slapped on that BB? One of you said it is a dry town/county? hilarious....their "savior" doesn't subscribe to that theory....

btw, that picture in the jersey looks too big for JM, just sayin'...more delusional Browns fan banter....(love it)
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,865 Messages
    4,925 Likes Received
    It's certainly going to be interesting to follow his career. JMO but he was overrated and I am very glad we passed on him. Cleveland in the Super Bowl? Don't see that happening anytime in my lifetime and not convinced Mike Pettine is all that either.
    DFWJC likes this.
  3. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Good. I hope more Cowboys fans convert.
  4. dcowboysfan76

dcowboysfan76 Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    "Former" Cowboys fans were never true fans in the first place. If you truly love the team, that love will be embedded in your heart and you will always remain a fan through the good and the bad.
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,840 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received
    [IMG]

We finally learn what "IT" is ..
    DFWJC likes this.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,183 Messages
    6,968 Likes Received
    Pretty sure they don't chart intangibles.
    Proximo likes this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,382 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    We have at most a 3 year window with Romo if we are lucky which will more than likely be wasted with Garrett then it is back to QB purgatory for a while. Cleveland has a 12 -15 year window with JF. Pettine may not be all that but he will not be JF's last coach.
  8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,062 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    He needs to grow up off the field but on the field he has skills you cannot teach.

I think he's a player to watch for years to come as he was in college.
  9. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

806 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    They don't speak for everyone in Tyler.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    Manziel is fun to watch.
    I just hope his fans don't become so obnoxious and self righteous that it makes it hard to pull for him.

He's very VERY far from a sure thing ( whereas Luck was very close to one) but he does have a punchers chance of being very good.

Looking forward to seeing it play out..as long as he and his followers aren't a holes, I want him to succeed.

Regardless of what he does in Cleveland, I think Dallas made the right choice not taking him at 16 in 2014...given the big picture here.
  11. Fritsch_the_cat

806 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Sketchy is putting it mildly, and there is no "possibly involved" about it, it's certain.
  12. Fritsch_the_cat

806 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Ever since they's run us a wire and hooked us up to lectricity it's been better here in the holler.
    38 Special and BoysFan4ever like this.
  13. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,503 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    Just barely lol jk jk. Tyler is actually not a terrible city and compared to some deep East TX towns, is pretty much Chicago or NYC but there's still not a whole lot of opportunity out east. Once you get east of Mesquite and Forney, the opportunity shrinks two fold. In my eyes at least.
  14. BoysFan4ever

6,062 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    The Capones of Tyler?

Cool! :cool:
  15. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Active Member

296 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    Somebody needs to post something like this on the next billboard:

[IMG]
    Fritsch_the_cat likes this.
  16. Fritsch_the_cat

806 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Oh yeah, no doubt, but there is a lot less population, not a lot of industry either other than maybe the oil field and that's shrunk lately. It's all a matter of what you want though I suppose. I hate traffic jams and crowded places, so I like it over here much better. Dallas/Ft. Worth is a short drive really, so when I want what they have I can get there pretty quick.
  17. Fritsch_the_cat

806 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    That pretty much sums it up.
  18. Fritsch_the_cat

806 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    They have finally decided they like money more than family values and now sell beer and wine, however for hard liquor it's still a trip to the line.
  19. BoysFan4ever

6,062 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    I saw a NFL Network show once about Earl Campbell & I still remember how he was from Tyler & still a hero there. He was way before my time but what a great player & classy guy!
  20. Fritsch_the_cat

806 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    I grew up literally a stones throw from the stadium, so I was lucky enough to get to see him play, along with a lot of other great players. I was a lot younger than him, but one of his cousin's who was my age was a good friend. I thought I was something getting to set with the family. Everyone of them are great folks, so it's no surprise Earl is such a great guy.